Carlos M.

Advanced Hotkey Webinar with Kyle!

Thanks Evan,

I was looking for a automated way to create a line. Since I end up entering and exiting trades often inside of a minute, Its not always feasible to manually draw a line. 

23 hours ago, Justin said:

@evan @peterB There is actually the option for short SSR built right into Kyle's hotkey file. It's just in a drop down on the Hot Keys tab.

ShortSSR.png.bec6fe3aee68ccfd84b35ec5982cbbe1.png

For some reason, its not working when I switch to SSR, the script doesn't change. It changes when I switch from long to short though. Might be because I'm not logged into Microsoft excel on my trading laptop, I only use it on my mac. 

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

HMMM, It changes in the equity script but not the $ script

I changed this, This is what needs changed for SSR correct?

SSR.PNG.87f1379bfacd320c80483aae0fb92024.PNG

Hi Kyle,

Man, your hotkeys have been a life saver for me. Is there any way to set up a hot key that simultaneously sets a stop and a profit target once you enter a position?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Kharp83 said:

Hi Kyle,

Man, your hotkeys have been a life saver for me. Is there any way to set up a hot key that simultaneously sets a stop and a profit target once you enter a position?

Thanks!

What I have been doing is after I scale out a few times, if I have to leave or work another trade, I set a range order for the last bit. It's the best I can do for now. Say after 3 or more partials 🙂 But no I don't think Kyle has a hotkey for that. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for giving a webinar on this topic! If you could go over the basics, things we should know, etc, that would be great for beginners. I've been using your hotkeys for weeks, but am not sure if I am optimizing them or selecting the most useful ones. Aka in the realm of the "I don't know what I don't know." Looking forward to your session!

1 hour ago, Debbie said:

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for giving a webinar on this topic! If you could go over the basics, things we should know, etc, that would be great for beginners. I've been using your hotkeys for weeks, but am not sure if I am optimizing them or selecting the most useful ones. Aka in the realm of the "I don't know what I don't know." Looking forward to your session!

Hi Debbie, check out Kyle's Youtube video going over the details of how his hotkeys work. This is probably a really good primer for everyone else too who is unfamiliar with his hotkeys, I'd definitely recommend watching it before the Webinar!

On 2/20/2020 at 4:25 AM, Carlos M. said:

Many of you might have already heard of the fantastic DAS Dynamic Hotkey (aka Kyle's Hotkeys), which allows you to place trades setting by fixed dollar amount or percentage you want to risk on each trade. These dynamic scripts take a lot of work of your hands and allow the DAS Trader Pro platform to do all the thinking and calculating for you. Saving you time and allowing you to focus on the actual trade, which is far more critical.

Kyle is kind enough to host a Success Webinar for us on Wednesday, March 4th at 8:00 pm. The webinar will structure in two parts, the first session will breakdown the latest dynamic hotkeys, how they work, and the expected action. Part two will be a Q&A in regards to these hotkeys. 

To better prepare, we asked that you post questions you might already have about these hotkeys below so that Kyle can review before his webinar.  

Thanks!

PS: If you are not yet aware of Kyle's hotkeys, below is the post link. 

https://forums.bearbulltraders.com/topic/716-das-dynamically-calculate-shares-on-risk-or-risk-hot-key-configuration-updated-91019-v21/

Hello Kyle,  is it possible to have a Hotkey to set Stoploss and Target at the same time. A range order but without having to be in the trade to do it.

Hi Kyle!

It would be great to have a hotkey for adjusting one's stop to reflect the new position size after taking a partial.  So, say, if I have a 100 share position and take a 25% partial, my stop will adjust to my new position size of 75 shares.

Hi Kyle,

Could you show us how to set a stop limit order long with a limit of 0.05 (or whatever arbitrary amount)? And conversely a short? With a double click on the chart to set the trigger price. I think there was some coding in the spreadsheet at the bottom but I couldn’t figure it out. Thanks!

I noticed today that my $50 risk hotkey is not giving me as many shares as my $40 hotkey. I’ll do some more testing tomorrow on some different stocks. But I tried three separate times on TSLA today in sim. Anyone else run into this issue?

Hi,

Anyone experience the issue?

When I use the hotkey to go long/short and I start selling shares manually, if my stop gets hit (from a sudden move up or down) my position gets flipped. 

E.g. If I had 100 shares long, and sold 50 shares and then my stop get's hit, I'll end up short.

I've experimented moving the stop line up in Das to improve the stop price after a favorable move, but this script doesn't seem to sell the remain shares. Is there something I can adjust in the script?

Here are the scripts I'm working with:

Long

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Short

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Also, what's the best way to setup up these hotkeys for Options? These hotkeys work, but risk doesn't seem to work properly.

Thanks for the hotkeys! They're a great help!

Version 2.1 is the latest release correct? Kyle, the alpha you have created in this community (and my own trading) is astounding. Thank you for everything Sir 👍🙏 I am indebted to you.

poker_dealer in chat