misterchai

How to quickly add new rows in Market Viewer?

I can't seem to be able to find the hotkey to quickly add new rows in the market viewer windows. How do you do that, insteaed of 'right click, new row'?

Thanks!

poker_dealer in chat

Here's a way to add new rows quickly.

Are you doing this for start of day? You can do this another way if you just want a market view full of empty rows.

1) Clear the market view window.
2) Add as many blank rows as you want by default (e.g. if you can fit 18, add 18).
3) Right Click MarketView -> Export -> Save .csv file as something memorable, I did mine as '_reset.csv' so it's always in the top of the folder that pops up.
4) When you start your day: Right Click MarketView -> Import -> Select your file.
4a) Just as an added tip, I usually do: Select MarketView, Ctrl+A (select all on Windows), delete key, and then do the import. DAS doesn't clear the memory registers when you import the list, so the old values will stick around until they're updated, makes it ugly.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

If someone is interested, I wrote a few AutoHotkey commands to add new rows and perform other actions in the Market Viewer through hotkeys.

In the attached file you can find hotkey scripts to:

• Delete the selected row (ALT+D)
  • Delete all the rows (SHIFT+ALT+D)
  • Add a new row (ALT+N)
  • Export the current list to a file (ALT+E)
  • Import the previously exported list (ALT+I)

The last two commands are useful to copy the content of a Market Viewer window to another Market Viewer window

Additionally, there is a command to add the current symbol selected in the Montage window to the Market Viewer. However, the script is written to work only if the Market Viewer window is the only one located in the same screen of the Montage window. If you need the script can be adapted to insert the symbol in a specific Market Viewer (follow the instructions in the script).

To use the script, change the extension of the file to .ahk and launch it with AutoHotkey (https://www.autohotkey.com/)

EDIT: Updated with a new version, including some new functions:

• Possibility to add the date to the exported files (IncludeDateMVList parameter at the beginning of the file)
  • Some functions to calculate the profit targets based on multiples of your predefined risk
  • A function to drag a symbol from the Market Viewer list to a chart (useful if you don't want to use a montage window for each chart)
  • A function to toggle between standard and bigger Montage window height (to display wider market depth when needed)

DAS-BBT-V1.ahk.txt

Edited by fab
Updated script
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, KyleK29 said:

............ DAS doesn't clear the memory registers when you import the list, so the old values will stick around until they're updated, makes it ugly.

This always annoy me.  But i am OCD. lol

On 9/14/2019 at 7:47 AM, fab said:

If someone is interested, I wrote a few AutoHotkey commands to add new rows and perform other actions in the Market Viewer through hotkeys.

Fab,

Thks for exposure to this ability. I need some help/guidance with this.  I have two questions:

1.  Need to create a new file everyday instead of "mylist.csv". File name would be WL_YYYYMMDD.csv (i.e. WL_20200419) so I have a history of my lists over time. Can u help with the script to format the file name based on the date ? Would use in the save/export and import function.

2. Add symbol to Mkt Viewer function - currently does not work. Using 7 monitors 7 = 1 + 2 x 3.  The single monitor is top left then  have 3 over 3.   The function seems to look for 4 monitors, does it need to be coded differently for 7 monitors ?

Ur thoughts and guidance would be appreciated .

6 hours ago, Alastair Mowatt said:

1.  Need to create a new file everyday instead of "mylist.csv". File name would be WL_YYYYMMDD.csv (i.e. WL_20200419) so I have a history of my lists over time. Can u help with the script to format the file name based on the date ? Would use in the save/export and import function.

I can help with just the first question. if you change the export/import script to this it will work for the current date scheme you want.

; Export list to the file mylist.csv to the default directory
!E::
MouseClick, right
Send, e
WinWaitActive, Save As
Send, WL_%A_MM%%A_DD%%A_YYYY%.csv{enter}
WinWaitActive, Confirm Save As
Send, y
Return

; Import list from the previously exported file mylist.csv from the default directory
!I::
MouseClick, right
Send, i
WinWaitActive, Import Market View list
Send, WL_%A_MM%%A_DD%%A_YYYY%.csv{enter}
Return

Edited by Justin

16 hours ago, Alastair Mowatt said:

This always annoy me.  But i am OCD. lol

Fab,

Thks for exposure to this ability. I need some help/guidance with this.  I have two questions:

2. Add symbol to Mkt Viewer function - currently does not work. Using 7 monitors 7 = 1 + 2 x 3.  The single monitor is top left then  have 3 over 3.   The function seems to look for 4 monitors, does it need to be coded differently for 7 monitors ?

Ur thoughts and guidance would be appreciated .

Hi Alastair, I updated the scripts in the meanwhile, I will attach the new version in the original post.

It includes the possibility to add/remove the date in the file name with a parameter (I also had the necessity to keep the history of my trades 😉), plus a few new functions.

About the market viewer dirty after importing the list, I use the "delete all rows" function before importing the list. I guess that the delete all rows and import scripts can be joined actually, I will give it a try.

I didn't use the add symbol to market viewer key for a long time, I think it can be transformed to a function that takes the actual windows coordinates as parameters, in order to be more flexible. I will try to write the function when I have some free time...