Hello Kyle, I watched a YouTube video that mentioned that you created the hotkey called "BUY $20 Risk." I mentioned in the comments that the script you provided worked in terms of selecting the share size but the stop loss will not register. I copied the exact script you did. The reply to that video sent me to this forum page to ask the question. Would you please let me know what I did wrong? Thank you!
Futures (ES) live trading journal 7/22/21 Thursday.
As I mention previously I am no longer trading live Futures. I am just trading SIM while I am learning more advanced methods and getting use to the change s in the market. But every once in awhile the trade looks too good not to take it live, which is what happen today.
Midday we were getting strong downward momentum. We just made a lower low and then a strong pullback into the "pull back zone" which is the dotted line. The price then held for 7 bars, showing strong resistance. And it was almost an exact 50% pull back. So I shorted and was stopped almost immediately.
Then I did take a successful long trade and here is why:
1) When there is a good setup in one direction that quickly gets stopped out it tends to go in the other direction.
2) The price hit the outer band (red line) showing strength.
3) The price pulled back to the mid band -white line - giving a good entry.
4) The FYL crossed the MB (yellow crossed the white) both are indicators from the Day Trading Academy that I use. That is a bullish sign.
5) The momentum was still strong at the entry shown in the chart at the bottom where the current black dot was still above the green line at the entry.
The trade went immediately in my favor where I sold at the outer band and at the first pullback. Yea, I should have held longer but I was well in the green at that point and not use to trading live anymore.
I hope everyone did well today.