KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

I am wondering if there is a way to Use the Hotkeys for Price targets based on R multipliers and still have the stop loss from the equalized risk in place. When I try to do this I get an Error. Also, is there a way that when My first target gets hit, lets say 25% of my position gets sold at 1R can I then move my stop order to breakeven based on what I have profited already? Thank you for this as the tool is incredible!

@KyleK29 I noticed in the DAS "Configuration Management" window under "New Features-under development" the option to turn-on "Hotkey Advanced Script". Have you had a chance to investigate and is there any information available on how it works? 

Hi,

in regards to these scripts, specifically the modified ones from William in the below video, the R target price gets put almost at the entry price when ever R > 1.

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.03;TIF=GTC;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;Price=StopPrice-Bid*3;Price=Bid-Price;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:Price HighPrice:StopPrice ACT:BUY QTY:POS TIF:GTC

Please see the above script and see the issue reproduced Price=StopPrice-Bid*3; gives the issues but Price=StopPrice-Bid*1; works fine.

Thanks

On 3/31/2023 at 2:12 PM, natelockett said:

is there a way that when My first target gets hit, lets say 25% of my position gets sold at 1R can I then move my stop order to breakeven based on what I have profited already? Thank you for this as the tool is incredible!

In order to do this, you would need two trigger orders.  The first trigger order would be a range stop order for 25% of your position and then the second would be the standard stop order for 75% of your position.  After the Range Stop is triggered, you can manually move the regular stop to break even.

There is a problem with this, though.  If your dynamically calculated position is an odd number of shares, the 25% and 75% would not equal your complete position.  In that case, you would need to manually change one of the orders.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:12 PM, natelockett said:

I am wondering if there is a way to Use the Hotkeys for Price targets based on R multipliers and still have the stop loss from the equalized risk in place. When I try to do this I get an Error. 

I'm guessing you are talking about having a Trigger order that is a Range Stop order where the high and low are calculated on R.

Hello Kyle,

I downloaded this hot keys but some reason I don't get the exit and target entries for the short script only on the long. I may have messed something up when I copied them, but I can't find it. Nor can I find the document I originally copied them from. Any help would be appreciated. 

Short:

CXLALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;Price=StopPrice-Bid*2;Price=Bid-Price;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGELowPrice:Price HighPrice:StopPrice ACT:BUY QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

Long(Which works fine):

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;Price=Ask-StopPrice*2+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

Thank you

Tom

12 hours ago, Tom P said:

TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGELowPrice:Price

It's only and educated guess but I'd assume the lack of a space here between the RANGE and LowPrice would be causing an issue because it's two different calls. So basically this instead.

TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:Price

There may be other issues but I'd try that first.

Hi All,

I hope anyone can help me with this?

So I have a hotkey for a fixed risk of $50:

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;ROUTE=LIMIT;

My question is, how can I make a hotkey for a stoploss (when by any reason my original stop loss is lost) at that $50 fixed risk level (example: AvgCost=340.83, Shares=250, so 50/250=0.2 > AvgCost-0.2= 338.83= Stoploss fixed risk $50

Hey D-Zitter2, thank you for sending over that excel file. As they stated on the PDF page I had, "Do NOT copy this as there are line breaks that will cause the script not to work"! Was put there for a good reason. However that spread sheet has all of them. 

Much appreciated. 

Best Regards, 

Tom

Hi , I am trying to using the long or short script in SIM environment on SPY ,  CObra trading with DAS trader Pro latest beta version

long one 

CXL ALLSYMB;
StopPrice=Price;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price;
SShare=1000/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;
Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;
Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;
DefShare=200;
Price=Ask-StopPrice*3+Ask;
TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+;

I Tired various scripts from various places in bearbulltrader. Am i missing any configuration

Either i am get invalid price error

or i get the very high number in the price field  and if it buys it doesn't come with the range order

20:23:00    TriggerLog    Update, F=9, NEWORDER ACC:TR3496 ACT:SELL SYM:SPY EXH:A QTY:POS RT:STOP StopType:RANGE LowPrice:, Untriggered, Canceled, , , mid:15

• Like 1

Hi all, I just set up a $20 risk hotkey (the lowest risk) in the DAS simulator.  But when I try to use it, DAS tells gives me an error message saying "Set default shares to 400".  Any ideas what I'm missing?  

Hi.

I'm using this script to trade options. Since actual dollar risking amount is x100 of the contract price with options, I tried to use 'SShare=0.5/Price' to mean that I want to risk $50 (0.5 x 100). 

It works fine, as long as where I double click on the chart where I want to place my stop is within $0.5 from the current price. Say current option price on the chart is at $3.50 and I want to place my stop at $3.01, it works fine.

However if I try to set my stop at $2.95, nothing happens. I suspect there's some error calculating number of contracts to buy when it passes $3.00 mark. I am suspecting something like the number of shares to buy become below 1 and that's considered 0 (?)

Is there any way to modify this to at least buy 1 contract even if my stop loss is more than $0.5 away from current price? I understand by doing this, my risk will be more than $50 in this case.

Thank you. 

On 2/6/2024 at 9:52 PM, yoshi_kk said:

Hi.

I'm using this script to trade options. Since actual dollar risking amount is x100 of the contract price with options, I tried to use 'SShare=0.5/Price' to mean that I want to risk $50 (0.5 x 100). 

It works fine, as long as where I double click on the chart where I want to place my stop is within $0.5 from the current price. Say current option price on the chart is at $3.50 and I want to place my stop at $3.01, it works fine.

However if I try to set my stop at $2.95, nothing happens. I suspect there's some error calculating number of contracts to buy when it passes $3.00 mark. I am suspecting something like the number of shares to buy become below 1 and that's considered 0 (?)

Is there any way to modify this to at least buy 1 contract even if my stop loss is more than $0.5 away from current price? I understand by doing this, my risk will be more than $50 in this case.

Thank you. 

If I understand correctly ur $ Risk is $50 and you would like to set the number of contracts automatically.  I would use the following  SShare=50/Price/100.  Once u selected ur SL on the chart by Dbl+Cliking  (Price=Ask-Price+0.01), U r saying that the number of contracts to trade is MyRisk/SL/100  , in ur case 50/0.5/100 = 1 contract.  That is y u it would work around the 0.5 area.  Hope that helps.

The formula is :  $RISK/SL/100

here SL or Price=Ask-Price+0.01 u r actually saying that my SL=Ask - My_Selected_Price +0.01 $ to make sure that u r within ur parameters. the "Price" within the formula is the one u clicked.

The following is the way I have mine setup :

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=500/Price/100;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=0;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:LIMIT PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Hi,

I've been using the hot keys reference in this this video below; they all work great but I would like to adjust the profit target to 1.5 R but it doesn't seem to work?

If I change to whole number multiples like 2/1, 3/1 risk it all works fine.

Can anyone help to adjust this?

The hot key codes are as below;

For Long Entries and a $10 risk, stop order attached, and Target order of 1:1 CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;Price=Ask-StopPrice*1+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

For Short Entries and a $10 risk, stop order attached, and Target order of 1:1 CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;Price=StopPrice-Bid*1;Price=Bid-Price;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:Price HighPrice:StopPrice ACT:BUY QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

Any input appreciated!

Edited by Oli Mason

Hello... I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but here is what I have for my 3R gain on one of my hotkeys...

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=200/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;Price=Ask-StopPrice*3+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

I would just change it to this for 1.5 reward 

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=200/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;Price=Ask-StopPrice*1.5+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

I can't test it out right now, but I assume it would work... test in SIM first 🙂 

Hope it helps.

GProf