KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

Hi all,

How would be the hotkey for $RISK formula if the STOP you wish to use is LIMIT, instead of MARKET?

Regards

Edited by juard

StopType=Market change for StopType=Limit but you never want your stop loss to be limit

Why not?? It´s true that when I change to limit, it´s seems doesn´t work properly

the answer is in the "why yes?" you just can be in a situation when your stop order will not be filled and you blow up your day or whole account

On 9/13/2021 at 4:54 PM, peterB said:

trading is about adapting and this sounds like the easiest thing to do while its beenfits of having static risk without harder counting should be enough motivatio for you to overcome it

Would you mind taking a quick look at my limit order. I think the hotkey edited something in the script that is not letting it calculate correctly. I am trying to set a limit order at 3R. This is the script:

Route=Limit;Share=Pos*1;Price=AvgCost-StopPrice;Price=Price*3;Price=Price+AvgCost;Price=Round2;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

A range order is not working also. Thank you!

it does not work like that. DAS does not know what your R is once you have a position opened as the order is held at your broker, not on your pc.

Range orders of course work but the counting and submissions need to be submitted in one hotkey otherwise you will need to manually enter the range price values. Maybe it would be better for you to take something which is proven to work rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

3 minutes ago, peterB said:

it does not work like that. DAS does not know what your R is once you have a position opened as the order is held at your broker, not on your pc.

Range orders of course work but the counting and submissions need to be submitted in one hotkey otherwise you will need to manually enter the range price values. Maybe it would be better for you to take something which is proven to work rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

Not sure what you mean about what your R is. One of the basic hotkeys is the Price-Target. How can that work if DAS doesn't know what your R is?

the StopPrice is an unknown variable in your script so it cannot work

maybe just define on what you want to accomplish and i will direct you to the right hotkey combination and how to use it

6 minutes ago, peterB said:

maybe just define on what you want to accomplish and i will direct you to the right hotkey combination and how to use it

I'm trying to set a price target at 3R on entry. I've tried with a price target and range order but none are working. Actually it works when I hit the kotkey twice but not once.

StopPrice=Ask*0.99;DefShare=BP*0.99;Price=Ask-StopPrice+0.01;SShare=3/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;CXL ALLSYMB;Route=Limit;Share=Pos*1;Price=AvgCost-StopPrice;Price=Price*3;Price=Price+AvgCost;Price=Round2;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Edited by Oliver

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP0.99;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=3/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.1;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;Price=Ask-StopPrice*3+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

this will open a 3 dollar risk LONG position with stop loss and 3R target OCO range order
it will work only if you have enabled click to trade and montage style STOP
you doubleclick on the chart where you want the stop to be and hit the hotkey/hotbutton once you want to enter
works for Interactive Brokers only

same for SHORT with 3R target

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP0.99;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=3/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.1;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;Price=StopPrice-Bid*3;Price=Bid-Price;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:Price HighPrice:StopPrice ACT:BUY QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

Edited by peterB

5 minutes ago, peterB said:

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP0.99;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=3/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.1;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;Price=Ask-StopPrice*3+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

this will open a 3 dollar risk position with stop loss and 3R target OCO range order
it will work only if you have enabled click to trade and montage style STOP

So this is basically using the double click method to enter a position?

no it uses double click to define the stop and without the stop being defined the whole script fails

Edited by peterB

Hey guys just a quick question, I have the hot key script for equalized risk, I'm trying to apply it in my Sim account but my stop orders don't seem to be filling and I'm losing more then my determined risk amount. I corrected the STYLE in my montage to stop order, but again the stop orders don't seem to be getting filled, any suggestions ?

Edited by JdWil92