KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

Ok. hotkey people, will this work for what I described a few posts above this?

Long Position , 25% Range order at Break Even and Avg Cost +1

ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Range;LowPrice=AvgCost;HighPrice=AvgCost+2;Share=Pos*0.25;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Long Position, 25% Range Order at BE and Avg Cost +$2

ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Range;LowPrice=AvgCost;HighPrice=AvgCost+2;Share=Pos*0.25;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Short Position 25% Range Order at BE and Avg Cost -$1

ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Range;HighPrice=AvgCost;LowPrice=AvgCost-1.00;Share=Pos*0.25;TIF=DAY+;Buy=Send

Short Position 25% Range Order at BE and Avg Cost -$2

ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Range;HighPrice=AvgCost;LowPrice=AvgCost-2.00;Share=Pos*0.25;TIF=DAY+;Buy=Send

I'm not very good at building hotkeys, so any help from anyone would be appreciated.

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

On 10/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, hailchaser2 said:

If you clicked at 21.99 it would calculate at that price, if it was moving fast, or your internet is slow, .04 slippage at entry would give you $83 difference. It doesn’t have to be .04 slippage just at entry, it could be .02 slippage at entry and exit.

If you are using DaS you can look at “trade log”, it shows what your order was and where it was filled. You should be able to tell what slippage was from there.

hope this helps.

Hey, thanks a lot for the reply!

The #'s I posted were directly from my trade log --- entry was 21.95 short, stop loss set to 22.11, shares purchased were 2083 and stop loss was triggered at 22.12

---- the risk was actually $333 versus $250 and my total loss stop amount was $354 based on the share size. The script is giving me too many shares for the risk $.

Just seeing if my script is whack or if others are experiencing this as well, and just something we all live with.

• Like 1

This is AMAZING!  @KyleK29 Thank you so much for all the work you (and others) put in to this!  I've been trading/learning to trade for a little over a year now and am finally switching myself over to DAS/IB - and I can't even tell you how amazing I think this all is!  Provides such an edge for trading!  Ok, I'll stop with all the exclamation marks 😉  I've been practicing with these in SIM for the past week and it makes things so much easier.  This was probably the deepest thinking I've done in years trying to catch up with your mind and make this all work - but obviously not anything near the amount of work you put in making all this work and putting the "instructions" together for everyone to use.  Thank you!

Hey @KyleK29 and everyone else I was just wondering if it is possible to make a hotkey fixed risk long button where it just loads the hot key into the montage but does not actually send to market. I looked over the Excel spreadsheet and do not see a modifier drop down option but I do however see in the script where near the end it does say: buy=send. Is there a way to get it to not send? Also when you use DAS' hotkey script builder there is an option for 'mode' drop down for "load and send" or just "load" so that might be what I’m after. Thx

Basically in very certain circumstances im trying to get DAS to just show me when I 2x click on the chart where my SL would be how many shares Id be using in the montage in the little green message log but not actually send the order to the market. Thx. 

Edited by Sapperstien

6 hours ago, Sapperstien said:

Hey @KyleK29 and everyone else I was just wondering if it is possible to make a hotkey fixed risk long button where it just loads the hot key into the montage but does not actually send to market. I looked over the Excel spreadsheet and do not see a modifier drop down option but I do however see in the script where near the end it does say: buy=send. Is there a way to get it to not send? Also when you use DAS' hotkey script builder there is an option for 'mode' drop down for "load and send" or just "load" so that might be what I’m after. Thx

Basically in very certain circumstances im trying to get DAS to just show me when I 2x click on the chart where my SL would be how many shares Id be using in the montage in the little green message log but not actually send the order to the market. Thx. 

yeah exactly as you said its the send vs load

On 10/18/2020 at 12:13 AM, peterB said:

yeah exactly as you said its the send vs load

So in stead of this: StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.03;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;                             ^^^^^

I would have this as the only difference?: StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.03;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Load;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;                               ^^^^