KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

well i am happy to help but if you do not tell what is wrong and what you are trying to do i just cannot guess...

anyway it would be best if you describe what hotkey you think you need and the hotkey script you use for that

Edited by peterB

The effort Kyle has put into this hotkey is seriously amazing... the detailed instructions, examples, videos.. so damn good. Thank you Kyle!

As I tested out the fixed $risk hotkey (v2.1.2) on Das Pro v5.5.2.1,  I ran into Script: Invalid Operator error and removing "$" symbol from the risk amount and stop order distance fixed the issue.  Just posting in case someone runs into that.

Best,

-Sol

On 11/15/2020 at 7:24 PM, mlmpty01 said:

Thanks for your quick response , i really appreciate it very much . I will double check and follow your suggestions above . Thanks 

On the fly, apart from Step 6 ( set up risk control with CMEG ,) i think i do have every thing in place, not 100% sure though . 

Attaching sample of my long and short scripts, maybe you could assist spot the missing parts or my mistake  

Long scripts
DefShare=BP*0.75;Share=Pos;SShare=Share *0.25;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+; BUY=Send;DefShare=300;

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.75;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=40/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=300;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.02 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Short scripts

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.75;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=40/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=300;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.02 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

DefShare=BP*0.75;Share=Pos;SShare=Share *0.25;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+; SELL=Send;DefShare=300;

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Please do advice should i miss something . Will send my hotkey script as well if still needed. Thanks 

On 11/15/2020 at 7:24 PM, mlmpty01 said:

Thanks for your quick response , i really appreciate it very much . I will double check and follow your suggestions above . Thanks 

On the fly, apart from Step 6 ( set up risk control with CMEG ,) i think i do have every thing in place, not 100% sure though . 

Attaching sample of my long and short scripts, maybe you could assist spot the missing parts or my mistake  

Long scripts
DefShare=BP*0.75;Share=Pos;SShare=Share *0.25;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+; BUY=Send;DefShare=300;

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.75;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=40/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=300;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.02 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Short scripts

StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.75;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=40/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=300;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.02 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

DefShare=BP*0.75;Share=Pos;SShare=Share *0.25;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+; SELL=Send;DefShare=300;

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Please do advice should i miss something . Will send my hotkey script as well if still needed. Thanks 

Finally i got a break through . My hotkeys are working perfectly as expected . Many thanks to Kyle and all . 

Basically , i implemented all the suggestions in the forum , and it finally resolved my issue . Not sure exactly what did fix my issue but i know that my issue was not seen any longer when i have all these below 

Solution 

- Change route from  SMRTL-->  LIMIT 

-  Remove the Stop order distance  

Hope this simple fixes could save someone in the future from blowing up trading account .  

Hi Kyle,

Is there a version of the dynamic hotkeys that will auto close the position once the target price for the reward is reached?

If it is already not in the script, then I think that is will be a high value add to that script..

If so, can you please consider including that into the hotkeys?

Thank you.

Does anyone know if the Stop Orders attached to the Buy orders work in Replay mode in the Das Demo Simulator Version 5.5.2.1?  No stop orders are created. Montage Style is set to 'Stop'

Hi Guys,

I just started using Kyle's Hotkeys, everything works except for the stop loss. When I double-click the chart and hit my hotkey the buy/sell order goes in but in doesn't send a stop loss. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

check the das log in LOGs folder and post your hotkey shortcut

9 hours ago, Diego Olivero said:

Hi Guys,

I just started using Kyle's Hotkeys, everything works except for the stop loss. When I double-click the chart and hit my hotkey the buy/sell order goes in but in doesn't send a stop loss. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Solved!

The issue was that I didn't have the montage on "Stop Order" style

On 12/8/2020 at 9:23 AM, mlmpty01 said:

Finally i got a break through . My hotkeys are working perfectly as expected . Many thanks to Kyle and all . 

Basically , i implemented all the suggestions in the forum , and it finally resolved my issue . Not sure exactly what did fix my issue but i know that my issue was not seen any longer when i have all these below 

Solution 

- Change route from  SMRTL-->  LIMIT 

-  Remove the Stop order distance  

Hope this simple fixes could save someone in the future from blowing up trading account .  

Can you elaborate on what "Remove the Stop order distance" mean? I am looking at my long script and it is the same as yours except the route part configured as per broker requirement. 

Anyone use these hot keys, especially the ultimate hot key that puts in order, the market stop and the limit, With Cobra Trading and Das?

Runs fine on Cobra/Das training account on this edition but once switch to live orders the limit and stop don’t work.  Just creates a range order that never places a market or limit sell.

Thanks for feedback.

Mike, the Real Estate Investor and Day Trader

https://youtu.be/0hw59cB60os

hi all

today and also yesterday I experienced some problems to enter right away with these wonderful hotkeys

I mean, I did press the button but the stock went higher without me (was nio today at the open): after some seconds, if it rebound I was in, otherwise trade gone!

I imagine is because there is a limit order in the script: but if this is the reason, can we switch to a market one? am I missing something?

I have to say also that I m using the hotkeys since last summer and these are the first problems... so maybe it s also this crazy market environment?

thx

14 minutes ago, given81 said:

hi all

today and also yesterday I experienced some problems to enter right away with these wonderful hotkeys

I mean, I did press the button but the stock went higher without me (was nio today at the open): after some seconds, if it rebound I was in, otherwise trade gone!

I imagine is because there is a limit order in the script: but if this is the reason, can we switch to a market one? am I missing something?

I have to say also that I m using the hotkeys since last summer and these are the first problems... so maybe it s also this crazy market environment?

thx

It's the crazy market volatility, lots of people are having trouble with delayed fills this week as various brokers/exchanges have experienced increased traffic (and outages). It'll likely go back to normal soon. I had a couple delays myself, first time in 2+ years.

I wouldn't switch it to Market because you're really at the mercy of the market makers filling you at what price they feel like. Limit orders on entries are usually your best bet.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

11 minutes ago, KyleK29 said:

It's the crazy market volatility, lots of people are having trouble with delayed fills this week as various brokers/exchanges have experienced increased traffic (and outages). It'll likely go back to normal soon. I had a couple delays myself, first time in 2+ years.

I wouldn't switch it to Market because you're really at the mercy of the market makers filling you at what price they feel like. Limit orders on entries are usually your best bet.

thanks... I imagined but need your confirmation 🙂

Hey guys,

I am through my learning phase and am going into the sim-phase. I'm trying to setup my hotkeys, but I have some problems with them. With the fixed dollar risk hotkey, long or short, from Kyle's hotkey excell-file I always get a "Script:Invalid operator" and sometimes, seems to me at random, a "Set default share to 400". Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? These are the scripts I used.

Long

DefShare=BP*1;Price=Ask-Price+0,01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0,05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;

Short

DefShare=BP*1;Price=Price-Bid+0,01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0,05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;