Brendon

Brendon D 'The Big B' is BACK!

Hello fellow BearBull Boss Traders!!!

In short, I AM BACK!

In long, I will tell you my journey and rather than have you read multiple paragraphs. I will use bullet points, short and sweet as a trader's time is too valuable.

*2014-2015 - My co-workers were talking about penny stocks, I tried the all too tempting penny pumps by email alerts and stock twits using web clients i.e. TD and Scottrade. In the end I lost most of my capital (had no real education, no mentor. Left trading for a few years but saw the potential).

*Feb - June 2017 - Tried again with web clients and eventually found Andrew's book among other technical reads on Amazon (reason I chose his book and community was that Andrew trades mostly non-low floaters aka no penny junk, also most other big chat rooms trade too many pumps). The BearBull community is not ridiculously advertised with false hope. I felt 'it was the real professional deal', and have not been disappointed.

*Oct 2017 - Jan 2018 - Became a member and joined the chat room after the 1 week trial, started watching Andrew trade in the morning, joined his classes at night. Practiced in sim for a few months on my laptop, did not really have much risk control but was able to learn DAS and identifying setups to actually trade with some logic. Decided to then go live (too impatient).

*Jan 2018 - Apr 2018 - After initial failure of almost losing my 5k starting capital due to high fees and poor risk control '''looking at you SureTrader auto liquidating my positions''', down to $1200, I was so 'good' at setups I eventually turned that into over $17,000!!!    My average position size was between 50K and 100K worth of stock, risk management was non existent for my account size. Then I rolled 'ONE BAD TRADE' in good old WalMart (went short at the open, ran against me all day). Over the next several months I never recovered and slowly lost it all but a few hundred dollars. I was so focused on saying 'that can't happen to me, I can quickly get that back'. Lesson here is to manage risk and never revenge trade to make it back. It is not sustainable. 

*May-Nov 2018 - Began to revert to sim for many months and then move living locations from CT to CA. I decided to day trade before work, living in the PST zone. The pressures of trading are greatly reduced when you have cash flow, and can separate your career work and trading at different times of the day. I traded the first hour before leaving for work. I also developed and finally accepted risk control, share size, and hard stops at technical levels where the trade no longer makes sense, STICK TO YOUR PLAN. This was attempted with a small account but later switched to sim. 

*Dec 2018 - August 2019 - After plan was established and my risk control was priority over gains, my capital was too small to be profitable with fees. Left trading to focus on my career and to raise funds for trading. 

*August 2019 - Returning to trading for supplemental income and trade for the love of trading. I want to be the best I can be at it. Perfect setups and trades are more satisfying than seeing gains. It is all about how you get there. If you are going to be a trader part time or full time, make the decision to not give up. Problem solve your weaknesses.

The goal continues to trade before work PST time, wake up at 6AM - do PM analysis until open - trade until 7:15AM head to work at 7:45AM. Do recaps at night and repeat!

Just thought I would share my story briefly in case some of you are at similar stages in the journey to being a trader full time or part time. 

There is no better feeling than executing a perfect trade that you planned out and stuck to that plan. When that works out it's like getting a mental high. 

Feel free to message me with anything, see you all in the chat!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Brendon my man!!Welcome back!!!

Love that you are back and taking the tough experiences into lessons learned. 

They say trading is not for everyone but I  believe that RESILIENCES and not giving up goes a long way.

I believe there are many traders that quit and never return to trading but if they would have been a be more resilient they could have become great profit traders. 

Welcome back!

• Like 1

Great to read this journey recap and to see you back at it. Welcome back!

Brendon my friend!! Welcome back!! So happy having you here again! First time I know about your journey, pretty long one, but you're doing really great! Hope to see you trading on Monday!

Brendon, I was just wondering about you the other day! Glad your back man! My story is much the same, but over-trading was and will be my biggest demon. Best trading to you!

Welcome back Brendon! Thanks for sharing your story with us all! You're really dedicated not giving up on day trading after all of these years!

• Like 1

What's up BB Traders, so I decided to go with IB and pull out of CMEG for a number of obvious reasons. Convenience of an onshore broker just can't be match. That being said I needed a larger account balance as IB provides less margin, especially on the short side. Almost there saving up, another week or two! 

I will follow along Aiman's path as I will restricted by the PDT rule for quite some time.

See you all soon.  No mistakes. 

First week back! annnnd the result is GREEEEN on all 3 day trades....PDT rule. Will do some sim trading for the rest of the week. IB commission structure makes taking partials a breeze without regret or FOF (fear of fees). 

Just want to shout out to Kyle, AdventureDog(great video), and Aiman for helping me with the auto risk management hot keys. Been trying to get everything to work in live. First trade I had no trade arrows lol, that was interesting, thanks DAS auto update...

Took 3 live trades this week, some small winners, some large, some green that could have gone red (saved by my stop at b/e after partial), and now I can trade $300 stocks ($BA) with proper risk management. Can't ask for anything else, it just looks like it may be many months under the PDT rule until I grow my account.

BTW - not sure exactly when Andrew started rockin' the beard but I am a fan, Beard Bull Traders.