Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

On 6/21/2020 at 10:35 PM, Luis Servin said:

Hi BBT,

My name is Luis Servin (Luis in chatroom), I grew up in Boerne, TX (pronounced Burn-E) which is in the hill country northwest of San Antonio, TX. 

I am a former O&G engineer. This job has taken me to several U.S. cities as well as some foreign assignments. However, during the recent downturn (oil price war paired with COVID-19) I decided I'd had enough corporate world for one life. I have owned two businesses throughout my life, one of which was successful enough to sell - the point is that I prefer to work for myself.

I have been swing trading and long term trading for ~10 years and now its time to try my hand at day trading. I am excited to take on this new career. I did some extensive research and found BBT to be the most professional and well-rounded group/community so I became a LT member approximately 1 month ago. It has been a smooth and enjoyable transition for many reasons, the hospitality extended by all the members and the moderators has been awesome and welcoming, thank you all!

I am currently building a PC with 6 monitor set up in a new house that my life partner Marta and I are building near Boerne, TX - life has brought me back full circle to where I grew up. I mention the new PC+trading set-up because I gave this new career a lot of thought before investing the money to be a PDT.

Lastly, I am extremely excited and diligent to learn from everyone willing to share their trading experiences. I am looking forward to meeting up with other traders and being part of this awesome trading community.

Best Regards,

Luis M. Servin

Hi Luis, Welcome to BBT

Glad to hear you're taking this business seriously and I really hope we all help you during your journey to success!

Greetings BBT team,

I first came across Andrew's books last July (2019) and I was so excited about beginning my journey to trading, I purchased Andrew's two books and later ordered Brian's book on swing trading. My goal was to gradually be able to generate some income from trading and really want to make it a business for me. Andrew's insights in the first book (which I didn't complete but I am reading now) lead me to the BBT Facebook page and I left a great review of the site. I considered the lifetime membership but didn't follow through and ended up taking a trading course from another teacher (which cost more then a membership here at that time) and opened a account with TradeStation. The course was ok but I just got hung up and didn't move forward with anything. I ended up bouncing around and opened a couple of other small accounts with other brokers with no progress. So now here I am again trying to move forward with trying create my trading business and I just joined via the monthly membership and rejoined the DAS Trader competition for July. I tried the competition last year but was so overwhelmed by the platform just starting out, I did nothing with it. But now having played with several different platforms (TOS, TradeStation, IBK, Webull, M1, Robinhood) DAS now makes sense to me along with the great addition of the replay mode for after hours training.  So I am back, signed up and ready to go again. Any insights as to the number of brokers one uses would be appreciated and I hope to be able to contribute to this great group.  Thanks for reading this long post and chat with everyone soon. 

• Like 1

Hi All - My name is Julio Hernandez. I'm from the Washington DC area and am working remotely for a small consulting firm. I've been trading for about 6 months now, mostly options and have found that I struggle with knowing how to lose. I let me losing trades longer out of pride/hope and lost some hard earned money. I found Andrews book on How to day trade for a living because I really wanted to learn how to trade the right way - so far I have alot to learn but I'm happy with the process. I'm grateful to be part of the community and can't wait for the journey to come. Thanks!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Julio Hernandez said:

Hi All - My name is Julio Hernandez. I'm from the Washington DC area and am working remotely for a small consulting firm. I've been trading for about 6 months now, mostly options and have found that I struggle with knowing how to lose. I let me losing trades longer out of pride/hope and lost some hard earned money. I found Andrews book on How to day trade for a living because I really wanted to learn how to trade the right way - so far I have alot to learn but I'm happy with the process. I'm grateful to be part of the community and can't wait for the journey to come. Thanks!

Welcome @Julio Hernandez! You're not alone, knowing how to lose is a common struggle among traders. If you haven't already definitely check out @Mike B's Psychology module on discipline in trading!

https://bearbulltraders.com/lessons/module-3-importance-of-discipline-in-trading/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justin said:

Welcome @Julio Hernandez! You're not alone, knowing how to lose is a common struggle among traders. If you haven't already definitely check out @Mike B's Psychology module on discipline in trading!

https://bearbulltraders.com/lessons/module-3-importance-of-discipline-in-trading/

@Justin thanks for the warm welcome and for the tip. I'll make sure to check out the psychology center and all the video. Looking forward to the journey and friendships to come. 

2 hours ago, Ranajit Chatterjee said:

@Julio Hernandez I am in Virginia and started BBT few months ago. We can catch up sometime around.

@Ranajit Chatterjee that would be awesome - hopefully we can chat sometime soon! Do you currently have a trading partner/buddy? I'm looking to find someone or a group to join to be able to learn, share trade ideas, and enjoy the trading journey with. 

2 hours ago, Ranajit Chatterjee said:

@Julio Hernandez please join discord. Search the forum with discord or my name, you can able to find the directions. I have one trading buddy but more is better. We will welcome you.

@Ranajit Chatterjee Can you send me a discord invite link? That would be great and really helpful.

Hi all,

I'm Martin and I'm a Finance Manager (Management Accountant), originally from Scotland but now living in Melbourne, Australia. I've started trading commodity CFD's through covid which has sparked my interest in expanding my knowledge and taking it more seriously. I plan on trading the European markets/US market opening in the Australian evening whilst being able to continue to work due to the time difference. 

Just finished reading Andrew's books and decided to give the community a shot to accelerate my learning. Looking forward to learning off all the experienced traders here and going on a steep learning curve.

3 hours ago, Martin D said:

Hi all,

I'm Martin and I'm a Finance Manager (Management Accountant), originally from Scotland but now living in Melbourne, Australia. I've started trading commodity CFD's through covid which has sparked my interest in expanding my knowledge and taking it more seriously. I plan on trading the European markets/US market opening in the Australian evening whilst being able to continue to work due to the time difference. 

Just finished reading Andrew's books and decided to give the community a shot to accelerate my learning. Looking forward to learning off all the experienced traders here and going on a steep learning curve.

Martin, welcome to BBT! I was just talking about Melbourne last night with my wife. We were both saying how much we'd like to return (we lived on Roslyn St in Brighton from 2007-2010) and see our friends again. Love Melbourne.

Good luck in your trading and don;t be afraid to reach out if we can assist you in your trading journey in any way.

Peter

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

My name is Swaraj and I am a Solutions Architect(IT Tech Manager) originally from India but now a citizen of the UK. I worked as a Financial Analyst in a bank after completing my MBA in Banking and Finance initially and traded Forex on and off depending upon how busy I was at times with my full time job.

Forex, though being a 24 hours market doesn't provide enough opportunities during evening session(UK time) due to ranging market conditions. This problem led me to look elsewhere for some other instrument to trade and that search ended with Andrew's books on Amazon. After reading both his books I decided that I will now focus my attention on Stocks, especially day trading for couple of hours during the day, that suits my lifestyle too.

I have been through all the videos now under Education centre as well as doing daily practice through DAS trader as much as I can. I have already seen some improvement in my trading after couple of days, all that just by practising under replay mode. Kudos to the team, both Bear Bull Traders as well as DAS to provide such a feature which I am sure will reduce my learning curve by a significant amount of time.

I am all excited and pumped to be a part of this community. 🙂

• Like 1

Hello BBT Family

This is Rinesh from St. Louis.

I am new member (1st day) to this Awesome Community. 

I have been investing for few years now trying to learn Fundamentals but had no clue to Technical aspect and Day trading. My introduction to Day trading was after I got furloughed couple of months ago and decided to explore this Field.

I was very intrigued and excited on the potential of Day trading and joined a Chatroom having beginner's luck followed by humbling experiences to being overly cautious.  I wanted to sustain; so I started finding articles , you tube videos and books on Amazon and found Andrew Aziz's "How to Day trade for a Living" and found it so awesome, so meaningful and had quite a few AhhHaa moments while reading it. (Example: Averaging down works 85% of the time but the rest 15% can take many gains away from you)

I found the book and the scriptures therein so systematic and soon realized this is a field with it's own Learnings, its own mechanics, its own Science. No matter what I do in life I do it with passion, be the best in what I undertake  and Excel. I wanted a structured Learning, Development and Growth. My intellectual mind resonated with Andrew's Book and thought process. So here I am. I am going to start my training, and practice DAS simulator to become efficient in order execution. I am looking to improve in Risk Management and become Psychosocially strong during trading.

My desire is to work towards making this  my full time Fun!  

Next Books queued for my mind: 1) Advanced Techniques in Day Trading A Practical Guide to High Probability Day Trading Strategies By Andrew Aziz 2) Trading in the Zone by  Mark Douglas.

Thank you,

Rinesh

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 1:51 AM, PeterD said:

Martin, welcome to BBT! I was just talking about Melbourne last night with my wife. We were both saying how much we'd like to return (we lived on Roslyn St in Brighton from 2007-2010) and see our friends again. Love Melbourne.

Good luck in your trading and don;t be afraid to reach out if we can assist you in your trading journey in any way.

Peter

Hey @Martin D @PeterD, I also live in Melbourne. Peter I live about 10 min from where you were based. Must of drove by multiple times on the way to the beach.