Carlos M.

Speedtrader - Setup, Customer Service, Order Execution

Marek,

Speedtrader is attractive to some traders (with regard to pricing) because of the per trade rate. ST charges $2.95/ticket regardless of position size. With IB, using the tiered plan of $.0035/share, you’d reach $2.95 by trading positions of approx 850 shares. So if you’re planning to trade more than that, ST is less expensive.

IB’s plans are both per share.  The fixed is $.005 which includes some other fees, as you mentioned.  The minimum per ticket is $1.  The tiered plan is $.0035 + fees, and the minimum is $.35 per ticket.  For me, the tiered has always been less expensive.  As an example of comparison to ST, If I trade 1,000 shares, each ticket will cost me $3.50 +fees (which are tiny). ST would still be $2.95.

I can see the benefit of SpeedTrader, but for now, I’m sticking with IB.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:02 AM, Andrew Aziz said:

Thanks Oba. I am in discussion with them to see if we can get $1 min from them.

Hey, 

Does anyone know if Andrew was able to get $1 minimum commissions? 

Thank you,

4 hours ago, kkoskela said:

Does anyone know if Andrew was able to get $1 minimum commissions? 

Hey Kevin,  just confirmed we have not received this deal from SpeedTrader yet. We will keep everyone posted if we are able to get it. 

Thanks.

Is there any way to load your desktop from the simulator into your Speedtrader account?  When I try, I am getting an error message and it shuts the Speedtrader software down?

13 minutes ago, glovtrader said:

Is there any way to load your desktop from the simulator into your Speedtrader account?  When I try, I am getting an error message and it shuts the Speedtrader software down?

I don't think so. There are compatibility issues. Please e-mail me and I will send you a SpeedTrader layout to get you started.

@glovtrader I was able to load my ST desktop from my sim desktop. I believe I did a new save on the sim. Then drag that sim to the ST folder and then loaded it from there. Works fine for me.

18 hours ago, Michael said:

@glovtrader I was able to load my ST desktop from my sim desktop. I believe I did a new save on the sim. Then drag that sim to the ST folder and then loaded it from there. Works fine for me.

Ok. I will try that and see.  Thanks for the help.