KyleK29

DAS Tip: If/Else, OCO Order, Breakout Example

User @Misjo asked in chat this morning how to do this. So here's a quick video, posting here to add to the shared knowledge base.

Question was: How to set an order so that if the price of a stock broke above an upper range limit that it'd go long and if it broke below a lower range limit it'd go short. Added that if one triggers, it cancels the other.

Set Upper Range as:
- Stop Order, Price is the "Up to" portion of the order (e.g. fill me up to this amount. Can also be a StopType: Market to not worry about this).
- Trigger Price: The price at which you want this order to fire.
- Hit "Long" button.

Set Lower Range as:
- Stop Order, Price the "Down to" portion of the order (e.g. fill me down to this amount, can also use a Stop Type: Market)
- Trigger Price: The price at which you want this order to fire.
- Hit "Short" button.

Once range is set, open Open Orders window (Trades > Open Orders) and right-click one of the pending orders, select "Trigger Order" and then when the Triggers window pops up, hit the tab "Cancel Order." On the that tab, select the corresponding order you want to cancel (if we are doing the LONG portion, we'd have the option to select the SHORT portion). Do the same for the other Open Order.

VIDEO:

As always, enjoy my lovely "has this guy hit puberty yet" sounding voice below.

Any questions, just post here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Nice work Kyle.

I wish DAS had a Matrix order window. TradeStation has an amazing Matirx order window to work with which has all the ordering powers right at your finger tips.  Not sure if anyone here has had the opportunity to use TS in the past?

image.png.873c1d27333a79b60710058236cdedb2.png

KyleK29 this is a type of "IF" trade I've been researching for a ORB strategy. DAS unlike IOS doesn't seem to have the ability to execute a buy or a short at a specific price and then place a specfic stop loss price or sell at some R, or a trail.  Seems like you can do this mechanically but a hotkey would be helpful.  Does one exists? @Thor

Edited by gmount