Good morning @Justin, thank you for your reply.
The fact that you are able to pull one sentence out of the information I provided and are able to use that to alert me to the fact that it makes the warning I tired to provide useless, tells me I have not been clear enough in the point I'm trying to make. Ironically, the reason I left out those details was in the interest of clarity, but obviously I failed. My thought was that the specific details of my issue would be helpful to someone trying to resolve my issue, but what I'm trying to do here is provide folks with information that I wish I had when I was trying to decide on a broker.
You say "Bad customer service won't deter people from using the service."
I should point out that I'm really not looking to deter people from using the service. I'm simply trying to provide information. However, from my point of view, bad customer service is exactly what is driving me to find a new broker. As I have said in the past, when things are working well with CMEG, it's great. But being ignored when there is an issue is unacceptable to me, given what is involved here.
So, since I am still unable to trade, thanks to the fact that I'm continuing to be ignored by CMEG, I will try to synopsize;
1. On October 17, 2019, I sent an email to CMEG customer service, requesting they switch my account from Sterling Elite Pro, to DAS.
2. On October 18, 2019, I received this;
Your request to switch your account from the Traders Elite Pro Platform supported by Sterling to the version supported by DAS has been received. As per your request, your account will be switched to the DAS platform.
Please note that due to processing requirements this switch can only occur at the end of this calendar month and you will be able to use the requested platform on the first trading day of the new month. You will have full use of the current platform until the switch is processed at the end of the month. Please also note if you have any open positions, these will have to be closed before the platform switch can occur.
An email confirmation will be sent on the last business day of this month advising of your new credentials and platform download link.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please call us at 833-445-9086 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for being our client - have a great day!
Your team here at Capital Markets Elite Group LTD.
3. I did not receive the email as promised, and I had been warned that if I logged on to my account on November 1 or later with sterling, there would be a full charge of $150, plus the full charge for DAS, since there are no pro-rated charges.
4. When I was unable to trade on November 1, I called the support number, which I have stored in my phone. I put the phone on speaker, and after 2 hours, gave up, and left a message. An hour later, after not receiving a reply to my voice message, I tried again. After approximately 20 additional minutes on hold, a person finally answered. I explained my situation, and was assured I would receive the email with my new logon information that day, Friday, November 1. I later received an email stating that I would receive the email that day.
5. The promised email never arrived, and I am still waiting on November 4, 2019, and still unable to trade.
What if I were calling because I was in a trade, that I needed help with? What if I had lost power, or my internet connection? When everything works, CMEG is great! I'm just trying to warn folks to please, use max loss in DAS, and set it to close the position if max loss is hit. If you don't know how to do that, there is a video available in the education area of the website.