Lee W

DAS Trader Pro - update available

5 minutes ago, Abiel said:

My exe is .21 with new features...

2018-08-20_0756

Yep.  Same here.

Interesting. Has anyone tried uninstalling .31 completely and then reinstalling .21 from the download link? Wonder if new features still exist. Could be possible that DAS messed up the install packages. Highly unlikely, but possible.

Is anyone else experiencing the issue where you are unable to remove a horizontal line? Clicking it does nothing; it's being treated like a Price Marker line.

6 hours ago, Robert H said:

Interesting. Has anyone tried uninstalling .31 completely and then reinstalling .21 from the download link? Wonder if new features still exist. Could be possible that DAS messed up the install packages. Highly unlikely, but possible.

Is anyone else experiencing the issue where you are unable to remove a horizontal line? Clicking it does nothing; it's being treated like a Price Marker line.

This was an interesting thought so I gave it a try on my laptop.  The laptop did not already have DAS, so this was fresh.  I downloaded .21 and did the fresh install.... and the winner is.... no global trendlines.

Are you talking about a horizontal line that you've drawn?  Like a global trendline?  If so, I've find that I can right click any line that I've drawn and then click Remove All Lines and it works fine.  However, if I click to remove just the one specific line, it won't do anything.  I first have to left click the line to select it (the little boxes appear at the end of the line), then I can right click the line and choose Remove Line.

Thanks for checking.

Yeah, a horizontal line that I've drawn. Sometimes I can't select it at all.

4 hours ago, Robert H said:

Yeah, a horizontal line that I've drawn. Sometimes I can't select it at all.

Hmmm... I have no idea.  I've not encountered that yet.  If I were you, I'd probably do the .31-to-.21 workaround.

11 hours ago, Robert H said:

I first installed .21 in a new folder, no global trendlines.

In .31 I was unable to remove lines drawn by me, that, and other bugs, forced me to downgrade to .21

3 hours ago, Abiel said:

I just realized that DAS does not save global trendline settings. Even saving desktop and settings.cst, every time I exit DAS, next time I open it global trendlines settings are not selected.

I think Robert was having this problem, too.  Mine, however, saves the setting.  Let's hope a fresh installation of the "new" .31 fixes everything.

UDPATE to the fiasco - 8/21/2018

So DAS told @Peter D that they've fixed the bugs in version 5.2.0.31 and that a fresh installation of .31 should resolve our problems.  So this is what I did:

• Saved my DAS Desktop.
  • Backed up my DAS settings.  Tools>Back Up Settings.  It will save a file to your PC desktop.
  • Copy my entire DAS directory and pasted it somewhere else.  Just in case something goes awry, It's nice to have a backup of how everything was.  Also, i wanted a copy of my .dsk, .cst, and .htk files.
  • Uninstalled DAS.
  • Restarted PC.
  • Downloaded a fresh copy of .31 here: http://dastrader.com/download/DASInstallIBCO.exe
  • Ran the installation.
  • Copied my .dsk, .cst, .htk files from that backup directory folder I made a few steps back and pasted those files into the newly created DAS directory.
  • Opened DAS and logged in.
  • Restored my settings.  Tools>Restore Settings
  • It opened my default desktop file, but I did notice that couple of settings were off a little bit.  I opened the desktop again and everything was pretty much good.  I had to make a couple of adjustments to my Market Viewer, but that's it.
  • Saved my desktop.

I have searched multiple tickers and have not come across the pointer/hand issue yet.  Global trendlines can be drawn and removed (remember to left click a line first, then right click, then choose "remove line").  The Global Trendline checkboxes in the chart configuration stay checked when I exit DAS and go back in. 

So far, so good.  If I come across anything odd, I'll update in this thread.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I emailed with DAS today.  They informed me that they have NOT fixed the cursor/hand issue on the charts, but the fix will be implemented in the next version release.  I guess the clean install is just giving us some good luck, although the hand has returned on my platform in a few cases.  Oh well.

1 hour ago, Marek said:

have been running new DAS s/w...no issues with hand cursor bug. Loving the addition of the global chart features...

@Marek For how long have been using .31? Operative system?

I´m using Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134 Build 17134 64-Bit