Zeckrin

Panic Hotkey Pre/Post Market Hours ?

The existing Panic key will put a Market order to close all positions. Of course this will not work if you are trading Post/Pre Market.

Is there a hotkey which can do the same for Post/Pre Market?

Example: If you are long at $20 for 1000 shares and price is going against you and is at 19.50. You then hit the Post/Pre Market panic button and it puts a limit order in for 1000 shares at 'Price - x'

So this way you can define x as .05 and the panic button will place a short limit at 19.45 for 1000 shares. Your not guaranteed to be filled but if the spread is tight you most likely will be. 

I may be missing something but I think this would be helpful as the only way to exit currently is to drag your Short Limit for 1000 shares to some place around 19.45 to exit the trade.

Thanks,

Mike

8 hours ago, peterB said:

you know you can exit any position by selling at bid or covering at ask instantly. so you dont need to drag anything, just have the hotkeys for sell 100% and cover 100% of position

Thanks. I guess I was thinking that if you have say 2000 shares on a low float and need to sell and say the bid is at 18.49 and your hotkey puts in a sell limit order for 2000 shares at 18.49 but there are only 1000 shares available at that price then you would not get filled. But if you could define tolerable slippage in your hotkey then you could get filled.

I'm just getting into pre/post market trading so I may be completely off 🙂

Hi @peterB,

In the same idea, I have a weird thing going on with my "sell 100%" hotkey. Very simple need, get out completely of the remaining position (like the "Panic" button but without exiting the other positions).

It used to work but I made a few adjustements on other entry hotkeys and then, this one doesn't work anymore.

Here is the script I want to fix:

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=SMRTM;Price=BID 0.05;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*1;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

When I enter a long position with this script :

CXL ALLSYMB; StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;Share=Share/4;Share=Share*4;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTM;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=1000;Price=Ask-StopPrice*3+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS*.25 TIF:DAY+;Price=Ask-StopPrice*5+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS*.25 TIF:DAY+;Price=Ask-StopPrice*7+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS*.25 TIF:DAY+;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos*.25 TIF:DAY+;

I get this type of position :

Sell-strange-behaviour.PNG.cfff272ac9a995033888f7cb1e871cea.PNG

Then, when I press the "sell 100%", Instead of getting everything out like the Panic button, I get this :

Sell-strange-behaviour-2.PNG.70f2f8cb37fe2e3d7242852b34c498b5.PNG

And pressing Sell 100% again doesn't change anything. I can only exit by pressing the Panic button.

In another test with a slightly different code, I could cancel all the existing orders, but the position was still open. Not very useful either.

Could you tell what is going wrong, please ?

Thanks a lot.

Best,

Pierre

And I will have the same issue with the short side, too please.

Thanks PeterB

Edited by paqueuc
Being polite

Thanks a lot @peterB

Was it a" * " or was it a " - " ? I've tested both and both seemed to work on the long side. On the short side, only the " + " was working. The " * " was not working.

Thanks anyway, it was helpful as I didn't see it.

Best,