Why does it seem so hard to create a bracket order in DAS?  Can I seriously not just enter a limit order with a profit target and a set stop loss or trailing stop all in one go? 

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I'm frustrated right now and not having much luck with the info I'm finding.  Thanks in advance for any help. 

I hear the frustration in ur above comment.  @Justin and @KyleK29 are resident experts on DAS and orders types/scripts, they will respond soon I hope.  i know just enough to confused myself.  Jus hang in until they see have time to respond.

• Like 1

It's possible. What you're asking for is a range order.

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;Price=Ask-StopPrice*2+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

This will allow you to double click where you want your stop, enter a trade worth $10 (SShare=10/Price;) at the current price (it'll auto calculate the shares). And place a profit target at 2R (Price=Ask-StopPrice*2+Ask;)

Edit: I changed style type to Stop order and now it works...much gratitude to you Sir!!

Hi Justin, Thank you for the script. It doesn't seem to work for me though... on a $6 stock I clicked 10 cents below and used the script. It bought 90 shares but did nothing else.  Could this be because right now I am just on the 14 day demo? Other scripts I've found and attempted to use also have failed. 

Edited by odayum

Ok, sigh, I take it back. I thought it worked, it buys shares and shows an active order but then when price hits the high or the low nothing happens. I give up for now on DAS. It just seems to be much too user unfriendly. Figuring out basic functions is not where I want to be spending my time. 

thanks again for the script though, hopefully at some point in the future I will be able to make it work. 

Are u in SIM ? it will act different in SIM bcoz of DAS differences between SIM and LIVE and CMEG and IB.  

15 hours ago, Alastair said:

Are u in SIM ? it will act different in SIM bcoz of DAS differences between SIM and LIVE and CMEG and IB.  

Yes, not doing live trading, just trying to see if I want to go with DAS or not. So far, it certainly is fast but I'm feeling some pain with regards to the program usability

On 4/6/2021 at 1:10 PM, odayum said:

Why does it seem so hard to create a bracket order in DAS?  Can I seriously not just enter a limit order with a profit target and a set stop loss or trailing stop all in one go? 

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I'm frustrated right now and not having much luck with the info I'm finding.  Thanks in advance for any help. 

This is exactly what I've been trying to figure out. In TOS it's easy to put in bracketed buy orders and all kinds of sequences with triggers and OCOs.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:10 PM, odayum said:

I think this is what we are looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caHDCYyULqA

1) Place a limit order to buy

2) Hit the "Trigger" button on the bottom right of the montage

3) In the popup box set the Route to "Stop"; Set the Stop Range to "Range"; Enter the Lo Range (the stop limit) and the Hi Range (the target)

4) Then in the working orders window under "Type" it will say L.TN, meaning that when executed it will trigger an order. Right click the working order to edit the triggered order.

Of course, this is not the same as setting a single order that includes the buy limit order and trigger, and theoretically the buy could be executed and then the stock could dive while one is setting up the trigger. It is also not the same as a hotkey that simultaneously buys at market and sets the bracket. But it's a start 🙂

Edited by Dogu