drodz

DAS - Hotkey Issues

I have been using the sim a few days and noticed that my hotkeys don't work unless I select the montage first. This usually happens if I'm doing something on the chart or going to back to DAS from the chatroom, for example, and I want to enter a trade quick. Is this normal behavior or have I configured something wrong.

I was exploring available commands in DAS and noticed a command to auto switch to the Montage (SwitchTWnd;). Is this something I can use before my buy/sell scripts to fix the issue? I was also exploring the same window switching commands for charts. Basically, I'd like to quickly go between zooming, drawing lines, and trading with hotkeys (and mouse buttons) in a matter of seconds.

Yes, you need and active montage before placing any trade. You can use that script as follows:

Name: select activate montage trading window

Key: END

Command(s): SwitchTWnd

if you are using Andrew's hotkey file, it should already be there (End:select activate montage trading window:SwitchTWnd)

Test how it works when using multiple montages.

I used to use SwitchTWnd as above but I switched to using "FocusWindow {window name}" and naming the montage window (right click on title bar and set name in config)

SwitchTWnd is documented going to the next trading window and as I wasn't sure where that would always work and whether I would ever use more than one montage I decided to play it safe.  I now prefix all of my order commands with an applicable FocusWindow command.

ah ok. I haven't downloaded hotkey files just yet so I was unaware of this behavior beforehand.

Is there a video on this? I mean on how to activate the Montage. I watched all the Videos on DAS; implemented all of the processes and Hotkeys, but I am still having trouble exiting positions.