fab

Trade Review – Tool for automatic import of trades from DAS, analysis and statistics

33 minutes ago, fab said:

Hi Justin, I didn't experience this issue on my PC, everything appears as in the screenshots...

My integrated laptop screen is 4k and the external monitors are 1080p and the appearance/resizing are ok on all of them, so I don't know if it's related to the resolution. Do you have any other particular settings for your screens? Did it happen also in the previous version?

Yeah, unfortunately it's been on all versions. I can take a video of it later tonight.

I think it has to do with in not being compatible with Windows 10 scaling. Because my laptop resolution is 3840 x 2160 but at 225% scale.

Hey @fab,

I've got the video here showing how it reacts to changing tabs in the program. I couldn't show it in the video, but resizing the window acts exactly the same; quite laggy.

I also realized that the text looks perfectly fine on my 1080p monitors and so that's fine 🙂

A few more upgrade thoughts and bugs:

1. For the Strategy, Valid Setup, Good Execution and Comments columns, it would be nice if you could edit those fields right where you see the trade, and not have to edit in the Trade Analysis window. (This is my least important request).

2. It seems like the Trades tab is redundant. The Analysis tab shows all the information that the Trades tab does. For the Trades tab's left section, you could move the Trades, Results and Tickets columns into the Analysis tab's left section. Although that data is also already in the Trading Day section of the Analysis tab. Maybe if this is a difficult change we can have the option to default to the Analysis tab?

3. When you select a strategy in the Trade Analysis it auto scrolls so that the selected trade is at the bottom of the window. Can it not scroll and leave the scroll bar where it is?

4. I have a great idea for adding screenshots! If it's not too difficult of course 😛 In DAS there is a screenshot hotkey (ScreenRecorder SelectRegionScreenshot) that adds a screenshot to the default DAS folder under "ScreenShot". Maybe if you're in a Trade Details screen, and you take a screenshot in DAS, TradeReview will detect the new file in the Screenshots folder and automatically add that latest screenshot to the trade you have open in Trade Details! This way, at the end of the day, when I'm adding strategies to my trades and cross referencing them in DAS, I can quickly use the hotkey and have it appear in the Trade Details window.

You're awesome Fab!

On 3/31/2020 at 10:57 PM, Justin said:

I think it has to do with in not being compatible with Windows 10 scaling. Because my laptop resolution is 3840 x 2160 but at 225% scale.

I also have a 3840 x 2160 monitor on my laptop, tried to set it to 225% but wasn't able to replicate the issue. About the lagging when changing the tab, especially if you switch to the Statistics tab, it's because the program has to recalculate the strategies etc. that may have changed meanwhile. The grid views are the Microsoft standard ones, maybe there are more some sophisticated controls that are faster but it would require a lot of work to rewrite the code...

On 4/2/2020 at 10:16 PM, Justin said:

For the Strategy, Valid Setup, Good Execution and Comments columns, it would be nice if you could edit those fields right where you see the trade, and not have to edit in the Trade Analysis window. (This is my least important request).

I think that I tried that in the past, but there were some sync/handlers problems; I will try to do that in the Trade details to begin, and let you know if it works without problems.

It seems like the Trades tab is redundant. The Analysis tab shows all the information that the Trades tab does. For the Trades tab's left section, you could move the Trades, Results and Tickets columns into the Analysis tab's left section. Although that data is also already in the Trading Day section of the Analysis tab. Maybe if this is a difficult change we can have the option to default to the Analysis tab?

Yes, the 1st tab is redundant now, it is there because on the beginning the program was meant to be able to work with only the data retrieved from DAS, without strategies, etc., and also because the grids were larger at the beginning so there was not enough space for all the data in the same tab. But the 1st tab can definitely be removed now, I will work on that.

When you select a strategy in the Trade Analysis it auto scrolls so that the selected trade is at the bottom of the window. Can it not scroll and leave the scroll bar where it is?

This is because when you change a field in the trade analysis the table is automatically updated, and it looses the current row selection. Therefore the row has to be selected again, and that causes the current trade to be at the bottom. I'm afraid there's not much to do here...

I have a great idea for adding screenshots! If it's not too difficult of course 😛 In DAS there is a screenshot hotkey (ScreenRecorder SelectRegionScreenshot) that adds a screenshot to the default DAS folder under "ScreenShot". Maybe if you're in a Trade Details screen, and you take a screenshot in DAS, TradeReview will detect the new file in the Screenshots folder and automatically add that latest screenshot to the trade you have open in Trade Details! This way, at the end of the day, when I'm adding strategies to my trades and cross referencing them in DAS, I can quickly use the hotkey and have it appear in the Trade Details window.

I never used this hotkey, I'm currently using a hotkey that copies a portion of the screen to the clipboard instead... but I will check it, think that something can be done in this direction.

Definitely wouldn't worry about the lagging or scaling issue - really not that big of a problem. And no big deal about the current trade moving to the bottom; also not a real problem.

Saving the screenshot to clipboard is pretty great actually. If you haven't started working on this yet, I'd save your energy 😛

I did find a bug today though... One of my buy orders wasn't recorded, so my P&L is not correct. I've restarted DAS and TradeReview and that didn't help unfortunately. Let me know what I can do to get you what you need to debug the problem. I can send my db file and my correct trade list exported from DAS. I know exactly what trade wasn't recorded so at least you'll know where to start looking.

On 4/7/2020 at 8:09 PM, Justin said:

Definitely wouldn't worry about the lagging or scaling issue - really not that big of a problem. And no big deal about the current trade moving to the bottom; also not a real problem.

Saving the screenshot to clipboard is pretty great actually. If you haven't started working on this yet, I'd save your energy 😛

I did find a bug today though... One of my buy orders wasn't recorded, so my P&L is not correct. I've restarted DAS and TradeReview and that didn't help unfortunately. Let me know what I can do to get you what you need to debug the problem. I can send my db file and my correct trade list exported from DAS. I know exactly what trade wasn't recorded so at least you'll know where to start looking.

Hi Justin, I already implemented the function to import the last screenshot from DAS, it was not difficult 🙂

Also joined the Trades and Analysis tabs: you were true, it's much more usable now 😉

I updated the version of the .NET Framework to a newer version, I was using an older one to grant more portability but with the installer the portability is not an issue any more I guess... Maybe that will help with the scaling problem, but I'm not sure.

About the missing trade, the first thought that I have is that the program considers only the closed trades, i.e. when the sum of buy and sell orders is equal to 0: did you hold part of your position overnight, or closed it outside DAS? If not it can be a bug, you can PM me attaching the DAS log file of the day of the trade (you can find/replace the account number with another string for privacy...), and let me know the details of the trade (symbol and times of the orders).

Hey Fab,

These are great changes! Although I don't see the updated link..? It's still 1.2.0 on the main page. Or maybe I'm missing it somewhere?

11 hours ago, Justin said:

Hey Fab,

These are great changes! Although I don't see the updated link..? It's still 1.2.0 on the main page. Or maybe I'm missing it somewhere?

Didn't upload the new version yet, still adding the last features and performing some tests. I will update the link today I guess...

I just uploaded a new version of the program.

It includes some new features and some improvements suggested by @Justin:

• It is now possible to visualize the equity curve of your trades. The function is accessible from the menu of from the button in the Statistics tabs, and it is synchronized with the statistics (i.e. you can use the filters to show the equity curve based on a subset of your trades)
  • The Trades and Analysis tabs have been joined because they were redundant. There is a setting to show both the tabs if you prefer
  • It is possible to edit the trades directly from the tables in the Analysis tab and Trade details window, by just clicking on the table
  • In the Statistics tab, you can now filter your trades also by long/short direction
  • You can add some comments to the trading day
  • You can import the last screenshot that you took from DAS (if you press the button the program imports from the Screenshots folder of DAS the last file generated)
  • In the settings, you can choose more fields to be visualized in the trades tables
  • Some bug fixing

Absolutely awesome! The screenshot function is so perfect, and being able to edit the trades directly in the tables is so much easier and intuitive! Thanks so much for including those suggestions.

I love the new visualization of your equity curve 🙂

I sent you my file for that bug I found. Hope it helps; let me know if you need anything else!

Hi Fab,

what a great tool you have created! 👏🙏

One question or request? 

Is it possible to export as .csv file?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulius Kurpis said:

Hi Fab,

One question or request? 

Hey @Paulius Kurpis! First, welcome to the forum!

I don't think it's possible to export as a CSV, but you can export the SQLITE file and then convert that into a CSV.

In TradeReview
File > Export
Check only Export Trades
Choose an Export Directory

Download SQLiteStudio

In SQLiteStudio
Database > Add a database
Under Database type select SQLite 3
Under File select your exported .sqlite file from TradeReview
Under Name leave it as Trades
Press OK
Tools
> Export
Select A single table
Press Next
Under Database select Trades
Under Table select Orders
Under Options check Export table data
Press Next
Under Export Format select CSV
Under Output choose a save location
Press Finish

The export gives two initial columns that are a combination of the date and time, but you can just delete them, as column D has the correct format

On 7/9/2020 at 5:45 PM, Paulius Kurpis said:

Hi Fab,

One question or request? 

Hi Paul, thanks and welcome!

What kind of data would you like to export to the .csv?

As @Justin said, you can export the database and extract the information it contains, but if you need something more specific, like the statistics or the list of selected trades I can evaluate to add this function to the new release...

On 7/10/2020 at 10:59 PM, fab said:

Hi Paul, thanks and welcome!

What kind of data would you like to export to the .csv?

As @Justin said, you can export the database and extract the information it contains, but if you need something more specific, like the statistics or the list of selected trades I can evaluate to add this function to the new release...

Sorry for late reply, was travelling to Italy from UK by car, long trip.

I would say Daily trade history. Weekly, Monthly, Yearly statistics.

And Trade print screens with Daily trade history.

Basicaly what I'm trying to do now is to create Journal with Notion. So I would view and review trades even on the go in mobile app (if will succeed will share with everyone).

And Notion has option to import from .csv . Now I'm still in learning mode of trading, I just started I had DAS Trader for 14-days trial to get familiarised, but I can't download other trial and forgot to do test export of .csv and to see what you can export from DAS directly. Maybe any of you guys could send few trade example exports from DAS? just to see what it already exports?

Your system of journaling @fab is fab! 🙂 I would like to have exact one in Notion as part of all daily notes.

I saw in download section samples of exel macro journaling, but to be honest it's complex to understand what is where and where to put what, and there is no video of andrew explaining how to do journaling (but he says it's very important in his book).

On 7/12/2020 at 8:37 AM, Paulius Kurpis said:

Sorry for late reply, was travelling to Italy from UK by car, long trip.

I would say Daily trade history. Weekly, Monthly, Yearly statistics.

And Trade print screens with Daily trade history.

Basicaly what I'm trying to do now is to create Journal with Notion. So I would view and review trades even on the go in mobile app (if will succeed will share with everyone).

And Notion has option to import from .csv . Now I'm still in learning mode of trading, I just started I had DAS Trader for 14-days trial to get familiarised, but I can't download other trial and forgot to do test export of .csv and to see what you can export from DAS directly. Maybe any of you guys could send few trade example exports from DAS? just to see what it already exports?

Your system of journaling @fab is fab! 🙂 I would like to have exact one in Notion as part of all daily notes.

I saw in download section samples of exel macro journaling, but to be honest it's complex to understand what is where and where to put what, and there is no video of andrew explaining how to do journaling (but he says it's very important in his book).

Hi Paul, I was thinking that you needed something like exporting the same data included in the statistics, or the list of selected trades with their data. That would have been feasible with reasonable amount of work...

In order to export other kind of data, that has to be included first in the program. I had the idea to add some basic weekly/monthly statistics (mostly to see which weeks/months were green/red), but didn't have time yet. When I will include that in the program it will be potentially exportable too.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:19 PM, Justin said:

Hey @Paulius Kurpis! First, welcome to the forum!

I don't think it's possible to export as a CSV, but you can export the SQLITE file and then convert that into a CSV.

In TradeReview
File > Export
Check only Export Trades
Choose an Export Directory

Download SQLiteStudio

In SQLiteStudio
Database > Add a database
Under Database type select SQLite 3
Under File select your exported .sqlite file from TradeReview
Under Name leave it as Trades
Press OK
Tools
> Export
Select A single table
Press Next
Under Database select Trades
Under Table select Orders
Under Options check Export table data
Press Next
Under Export Format select CSV
Under Output choose a save location
Press Finish

The export gives two initial columns that are a combination of the date and time, but you can just delete them, as column D has the correct format

Hi Justin! 

Thanks for all info!

will give it a try!

Could I ask you or @fab could you somehow send export sample file from DAS Trader Pro that is being fed to this tool? I would just like to have a look and prepare the system for journaling, as i'm just starting now, and going through lessons, I don't have yet access to DAS. 

Even one trade example.

Thanks A lot guys! didn't expected so quick responds!