Sign in to follow this  
Abiel

Ideal # of trades / day

That is no coincidence! I have found that days I over-trade, I lose money. This is because I am desperately trying to make back losses and it spirals out of control. It also highlights that I am probably taking lower quality setups and trading midday.

My answer to your question would be: the least number of trades to hit your daily goal. If that means one, then that is the ideal number. Today I hit my daily goal with 2 trades and I quickly locked up my montages!

• Like 1

This has happened to me as well. Overtrading never ends well and it is usually the situation you just explained by Robert. I have been negative and try to make my money back by trading into mid day even late afternoon. At that point I am just desperately looking for anything to trade. Taking poor quality trades and set up. I have gone from down $300 to down $700 trying to make my money back. I should had just left and taking a small red day at $300 and not make things worse by adding on.

Is all about training your mind to do what you know you should do. You know you shouldn't try to make your money back but I still did it. You know you should trade stocks by chasing and trying to make your money back as it takes you out of the game but I still did it. Slowly I am braking these habits and training my brain to follow the rules and not act on emotions.

Takes time a lot of discipline to learn how to take a small red day and still be able to trade tomorrow, next week or even at all, then to try to get back and take a lost that takes you out of the game...

PS: And in some cases I have overtraded trying to get back to green and have been successful but that's a bad habit you don't want to build as it is not sustainable in the long run. I called those lucky moves and not really strategies you are following and good quality trades.

Carlos M.

• Like 1