tork1970

DAS and IB

Here's my buy hotkey for reference: ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

It really depends on the volume, liquidity, and volatility of the stock. Sometimes I get filled right at the ASK, sometimes there is a few cents slippage.

Marketable limit orders are market orders since we hit the bid/ask. Don't let the name fool you. 

SMRTL is just IB's proprietary routing. Not sure what route is used when left blank. Probably the route listed in your montage dropdown under ROUTE.

On 10/27/2018 at 1:45 PM, Robert H said:

Marketable limit orders are market orders since we hit the bid/ask. Don't let the name fool you. 

SMRTL is just IB's proprietary routing. Not sure what route is used when left blank. Probably the route listed in your montage dropdown under ROUTE.

So i just left it blank (whilst using CMEG) and the orders would not go through. So i had to place a "LIMIT" order type on montage. Since the hotkey is set to the limit order it wouldn´t allow me to place any other routing. 

What ill do is just place the LIMIT route on my setup > order config, and have all my montages use that.