Dieter

Break even Hotkey does not work

Hi all,

I am using the break even hotkey described in the videos and forums

Route=Stop;Price=AvgCost;StopType=MARKET;STOPPRICE=AvgCost;StopPrice=Round2;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;Send=Reverse;

It puts the stop loss to break even, put after that I cannot exit the trade anymore only by closing all position. What do I have
to change to being able to partial out or exit after using this key?

Thanks in advance

Dieter

Hey @Dieter

Try putting a CXL order in front of that script first. If you already had a stop loss placed you would near to clear the original one first.

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=Stop;Price=AvgCost;StopType=MARKET;STOPPRICE=AvgCost;StopPrice=Round2;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;Send=Reverse;

Justin, Abiel,

thanks, here a more detailed example what happens. After I press the Stop loss at BE button

Route=Stop;Price=AvgCost;StopType=MARKET;STOPPRICE=AvgCost;StopPrice=Round2;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;Send=Reverse;

it creates the SL order you see below. When I then press "Sell 50%", there is this error "invalid shares" you see below.
here the formula for the "Sell 50%" button. 

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.10 ;Share=Pos*0.5;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Maybe that helps you to see the error in one of the buttons. The same thing happens with the Sell 100 button. Only the Close all positions Hotkey closes the position.

Thanks in advance

Dieter

image.png.cce9f1b1ac000ca33c5cc6bbdd6300d4.png

4 hours ago, Dieter said:

thanks, here a more detailed example what happens. After I press the Stop loss at BE button

it creates the SL order you see below. When I then press "Sell 50%", there is this error "invalid shares" you see below.
here the formula for the "Sell 50%" button. 

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.10 ;Share=Pos*0.5;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Maybe that helps you to see the error in one of the buttons. The same thing happens with the Sell 100 button. Only the Close all positions Hotkey closes the position.

Hey, just use these instead:

Set Stop to BE:
CXL ALLSYMB;Route=Stop;Price=AvgCost;StopType=MARKET;STOPPRICE=AvgCost;StopPrice=Round2;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;Send=Reverse;

Scale out 50% and update stop to correct shares at BE:
CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos-share;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

Sell remaining position and cancel Stop Loss:
CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*1;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

One other thing I noticed, although I'm not sure what timezone you're in. Stop Orders don't work in the pre-market.

Justin,

thanks it works now. How would the Hotkeys be for covering shorts 50% and 100% please. I assume the Set stop to BE remains the same.

Thanks in advance

Dieter

• Like 1

Glad it's working @Dieter These are the hotkeys for covering short positions. And yes, the BE hotkey remains the same!

Cover 50%:
CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.5;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos+share;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

Cover All:
CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

Justin,

thanks, used all of them yesterday and they work

image.png.df76525d958f043067ebe8d881be3fa0.png

I start with Kyles 20$ Buy/Sell, then partial out, put the Stop Loss to Breakeven after first partial out and finish with the new keys.

One step in the right direction. Thanks for your help.

Dieter

• Like 1