Jump to content
fab

Trade Review – Tool for automatic import of trades from DAS, analysis and statistics

Recommended Posts

I made a small application to review my trades and make some statistics about the results of each strategy. I wrote it because I needed some tools to speed up my journaling and to help me reviewing my trades and didn’t find something out there that was exactly personalizable for my style of trading and my way of journaling...

Thought that sharing it with you guys would be a way to give back some of the great help that I received from this community!

 

Features

The application imports automatically from the DAS logs your trades and displays:

  • The results for each trade and trading day
  • All the entries and exits
  • If you use hard stops based on trigger orders, the risk of the order/trade
  • The risk/reward of the trade, based on the S.L. orders or on a fixed $ amount

You can create trading strategies and associate to each trade additional information:

  • The strategy used
  • Whether the setup was valid or not according to the strategy, and if your execution of the strategy was good
  • The theoretical maximum target that could be reached -> based on that the app calculates the maximum result of the trade if you closed your whole position at the max target
  • If the trade is a “playbook trade”, i.e. if you want to add it to the list of your “ideal” trades for this particular strategy
  • You can associate custom tags to the trade
  • You can choose to exclude the trade from the calculations of the daily results and of the statistics
  • You can attach a screenshot from the clipboard, or import it from a file
  • You can add quick comments as well as a detailed review of the trade

Based on that, the tool calculates some statistics:

  • Number of trades and global result of the trades in each strategy
  • Number of winners/loosers, percent winners/loosers and average winner/looser in the strategy
  • Average result and average max result of the trades in the strategy
  • Average risk/reward and max risk/reward of the trades in the strategy

You can filter the trades for which you want the statistics:

  • Start date/end date
  • Time of day
  • Strategy
  • Direction (long/short)
  • Whether the setup is valid, and whether the execution was good
  • You can select the playbook trades only
  • You can filter the trades by tags
  • You can select only the winner or the looser trades
  • You can filter by trading account

You can visualise the equity curve of your trades:

  • You can filter the trades used to calculate the equity curve
  • The equity curve is synchronized with the statistics

 

Screenshots

 

Analysis.thumb.png.6ac5223d89c27bb8c06aa20724bdb7f3.png

 

Strategies.png.d6589849ad76c547819fc0cbd0610335.png

 

Statistics.thumb.png.cf8a715c558cb32dff2e286b76064974.png

 

60743224_Tradedetails.thumb.png.4a01af6dc4adfab51923224280d83e33.png

 

2093163016_Equitycurve.thumb.png.19d238b4f3b56ee579593531dac875e5.png

 

 

Download

Setup:

Download and run the installer inside the zip. Once installed, just select the DAS Trader directory and the application will automatically start loading your trades.

If you already installed a previous version of the program, the installer will automatically import all your data. In any case you can transfer/backup your data through the Import/Export functions from the File menu.
 

Download link:

TradeReview 1.3.1 Setup

 

New in 1.3.0:

  • Equity curve visualization, synchronized with the filters of the Statistics tab
  • Possibility to edit the trade details directly from the table + added context menu for trade exclusion/details
  • Joined the Trades and Analysis tabs (can be reverted through settings)
  • Possibility to filter the trades also by long/short direction
  • Possibility to add some brief comments about the trading day
  • Possibility to import the last DAS screenshot
  • Possibility to visualize more fields in the trades tables
  • Bug fixing

New in 1.3.1:

  • Possibility to filter the trades by time of day
  • Trades executed in replay mode are discarded
  • Bug fixing
Edited by fab
Release 1.3.1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, this is absolutely amazing. What a thing to give back to the community! I love that it's super clean and data-centric. Definitely my style of journaling as well!

But unfortunately I can't seem to get it to run fully. It brings me to the settings screen on first open, creates the TradeReview.config file, then closing that screen (which I assume you need to do to have the main application run), will then pop this error below:

Error.jpg.642969896eeefc61fbb183e6b1f11597.jpg

Trying to run the software again will show the same error.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Justin said:

First, this is absolutely amazing. What a thing to give back to the community! I love that it's super clean and data-centric. Definitely my style of journaling as well!

But unfortunately I can't seem to get it to run fully. It brings me to the settings screen on first open, creates the TradeReview.config file, then closing that screen (which I assume you need to do to have the main application run), will then pop this error below:

Error.jpg.642969896eeefc61fbb183e6b1f11597.jpg

Trying to run the software again will show the same error.

 

Hi Justin, seems that you need SQL Express Local DB plug-in installed to open the DB, I didn't consider that... 🤔

Can you try to install it from here:

and let me know if it works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Justin said:

Slightly different error

Error.jpg.c2209326a5a5ffa97dedc9fc59408dcf.jpg

Made some research and found out that the DB format that I was using was not very portable, so I decided to migrate to another format.

I performed a few tests of the new versions on a Win 7 virtual machine without anything installed on it, and seems to work fine.

Could you give it a try:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1WwcB1lxP8bxAMx7fuMUBP7WRYT-tEJ_6

You can also uninstall the SQL Express Local DB plug-in at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic! That did it.

Couple thoughts and questions:

How do you get to the Strategies window you've shown?
I also can't seem to edit the Valid Setup, Good Execution, or Comments fields.
Is it possible to make the columns user expandable? I seem to be able to expand the first row that shows the selection arrow, but none of the others.

Anyway, all in all this is an amazing pieces of software.

 

Separate note:

I also looked at your past post about creating the hotkeys for the Market Viewer - So great! I feel we have similar minds 😄 I'm always looking for ways to automate and make tedious tasks more efficient!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Justin said:

Fantastic! That did it.

Couple thoughts and questions:

How do you get to the Strategies window you've shown?
I also can't seem to edit the Valid Setup, Good Execution, or Comments fields.
Is it possible to make the columns user expandable? I seem to be able to expand the first row that shows the selection arrow, but none of the others.

Anyway, all in all this is an amazing pieces of software.

 

Separate note:

I also looked at your past post about creating the hotkeys for the Market Viewer - So great! I feel we have similar minds 😄 I'm always looking for ways to automate and make tedious tasks more efficient!

Great! 🙂

To edit the fields you have to select the Analysis tab and then select the fields in the highlighted area. To add strategies just select <Edit strategies> in the Strategy drop-down list (always in the red area).

244236755_EditTrades.thumb.png.e356a63779846c7167ce35e66d90a7de.png

The columns are set to fit the content, but no problem to add a setting to allow you to  resize them in the next release...

 

PS: glad that you liked my post about hot keys! Yes, I like to automate things too, trading is already complicated in itself so I try to simplify what I can... 😉

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fab said:

The columns are set to fit the content, but no problem to add a setting to allow you to  resize them in the next release...

That's probably not needed, what I found is probably just a bug then. When I enabled End Time to be visible it cut it off:

1729258530_Endtime.jpg.874323f5bae1e52000b42edbff573791.jpg

But I just realized that after I restarted it it's fine, so all good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 1:42 AM, Justin said:

That's probably not needed, what I found is probably just a bug then. When I enabled End Time to be visible it cut it off:

1729258530_Endtime.jpg.874323f5bae1e52000b42edbff573791.jpg

But I just realized that after I restarted it it's fine, so all good!

I wasn't able to replicate the issue, maybe because I have times without AM/PM... Let me know if it happens again on other fields, and I will check.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I uploaded a new version with some new features:

  • You can import and export trades data and settings
  • The tool calculates the Risk/Reward of the trades. You can choose between 3 methods to calculate the risk:
    • Based on the sum of the risks associated to the S.L. orders in the trade
    • Based on the maximum risk associated to the S.L. orders in the trade
    • Based on a fixed $ amount
  • You can associate tags to the trades, and use them to filter the trades in the statistics
  • I made an installer

You can download the new version from the main post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 1:42 AM, Justin said:

That's probably not needed, what I found is probably just a bug then. When I enabled End Time to be visible it cut it off:

1729258530_Endtime.jpg.874323f5bae1e52000b42edbff573791.jpg

But I just realized that after I restarted it it's fine, so all good!

Think that I found the cause of the bug, fixed it in the new version, and also improved the auto-size mechanism, that sometimes was using more space than needed.

I will post the new version as soon as I complete the screenshots attachment feature...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fab said:

Think that I found the cause of the bug, fixed it in the new version, and also improved the auto-size mechanism, that sometimes was using more space than needed.

I will post the new version as soon as I complete the screenshots attachment feature...

Fantastic Fab!

Love the tag ability of the last update 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I uploaded to the 1st post an updated version with these new features:

  • I added a window displaying a detailed view of the trades, that you can open from the menu or by double clicking the tables containing the trading days, the trades and the statistics. Depending on where you click, the list of trades loaded in the trade details is populated accordingly:
    • if you click on a trading day/trade in the Trades/Analysis tabs, the list contains the trades taken during the day
    • if you click on a strategy in the Statistics tab, the list is populated with the trades associated to that strategy, given the selection filters
    • if you click on the selected trades in the Statistics tab, the list contains all the trades selected according to the filters
  • You can associate a screenshot to each trade. The screenshot can be pasted from the clipboard or can be imported from a file
  • You can add a detailed review of the trade. The trade review consists in formattable text, and a template for the review can be saved in order to use it as default for the new trades.
  • I added a few tooltips to highlighting the content of each area of the windows for the new users. You can disable them from Settings->Tooltips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great update @fab!

Do you find that the window is very laggy to resize and the text is a bit blurry?

I'm wondering if it's because it's not optimized to work on 4k screens?

Because the title bar where it has the icon and "TradeReview - Trades" is perfectly clear, but then anything inside the application window is slightly blurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Justin said:

Great update @fab!

Do you find that the window is very laggy to resize and the text is a bit blurry?

I'm wondering if it's because it's not optimized to work on 4k screens?

Because the title bar where it has the icon and "TradeReview - Trades" is perfectly clear, but then anything inside the application window is slightly blurry.

Hi Justin, I didn't experience this issue on my PC, everything appears as in the screenshots...

My integrated laptop screen is 4k and the external monitors are 1080p and the appearance/resizing are ok on all of them, so I don't know if it's related to the resolution. Do you have any other particular settings for your screens? Did it happen also in the previous version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.