Johan M

How to get low ping with DasTrader in Asia

Hello

i am living in Bali indonesia, using Das trader since 1 month, but my ping is always around 300ms

does anybody know if its possible to get a ping lower than 200ms from Asia location

Im not sure if even i change my supplier interet or upgrade my package it will change something

i already asked Das trader support they dont have server in Asia

jo

Hello,

You can try running a trace route command from your trading system: tracert <DAS IP Address>

For me the command was tracert 104.153.226.163. It's not perfect but the results will give you a general idea of where the increase in response times are taking place. Here is partial output from running the command on my system. The last messages will show request timed out if the destination is blocking this type of traffic, and it looks like DAS is blocking. My results show a good increase, line 12 to line 13, when going from Seattle to NY. You could ask different service providers to run tracert from their network to DAS and ask for the results but I'm thinking it will be difficult to get below 200ms from your location.

9    35 ms    30 ms    30 ms  bbr02sttlwa-bue-4.sttl.wa.charter.com [96.34.0.56]
 10    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  be4770.ccr22.sea02.atlas.cogentco.com [38.104.127.253]
 11    27 ms    28 ms    28 ms  be3053.ccr21.sea02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.2.37]
 12    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  ae10.cr3-sea2.ip4.gtt.net [173.205.53.157]
 13    97 ms    93 ms    93 ms  et-9-1-0.cr0-nyc2.ip4.gtt.net [213.254.214.2]
 14    93 ms    94 ms    94 ms  as5580-gw.cr0-nyc2.ip4.gtt.net [173.205.56.158]
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.

So I lived in Bali for three months in Uluwatu, Seminyak and Ubud and had the same issue.

The lowest you will be able to get will be about 250ms if you have an HFC or Fiber last mile connection with enough bandwidth to avoid a last mile bottleneck.

I went to co-working spaces and paid for the monthly package (night only rate). with this latency it is still possible to trade and do well, the only issue is to make sure the connection is stable as you might enter a position and get disconnected and it will be a pain if you use mental stops like I do. 

You will never be able to get anything better than 250 because the submarine cable needs to go through pacific and then cross USA. I currently live in Denver and my latency is about 50ms.
When in Kuala Lumpur and Tokyo I was able to get 200 or below but because the submarine cables connect directly there and there are less hops. 

Check out coworking spaces like Hubud, Outpost, etc..

Bali is my second home so I really envy you