Hi all,

I figured i would post some books i have read that overall have added to my knowledge base and assisted me in becoming a better trader (a never ending exciting journey!). They also helped me convince my father there is a better way to use the stock market for accumulating wealth if you are disciplined and "survive the learning curve" as Andrew and others would say. These books lay out principles that i find useful in swing trading. If anything, they are a good refresher for those who already know technical and VAP analysis.

1. Charting and Technical Analysis - Fred McAllen

2. Trading the Trends - Fred McAllen

3. A Complete Guide to Volume Price Analysis - Anna Coulting

For those who are interested in using Options to swing trade, the book below is essentially the main reference to start with even though it's "advanced". It's by far the most thorough book out there I have come across and also has a good reference list to identify more digestible books to switch too if it goes over your head. NOTE: Options trading is much, much more complicated than standard Long/Short shares outright swing trading. You should expect to dedicate a lot of time to learn how to trade options before you take trades using options. It's a whole other ball game in managing risk and defining a target price (and you have to estimate volatility aka "speed" of price movement; another layer of complexity!). I am still learning after about two years of reading since i started out investing beyond buy-and-hold with Options and there is still A LOT more to understand. Simulators that you can use to practice with Options are Think or Swim (TD Ameritrade) and I believe DAS Trader (costs more @ $170/month instead of $150). Once you understand it and build ample experience in a step by step fashion, it can be a very useful tool in many ways in a variety of market conditions and scenarios. It suits weekly - years long time scale trades. For me, it's another trading tool that i would like to understand and incrementally master over time to diversify my trading skill set beyond Long/Short shares for intraday and short term swing trades. 

- Options Volatility and Pricing - Sheldon Natenberg

Happy learning!

-Erik