ToddM

Updated DAS to the newest version .34 But now I've lost my old DAS desktop windows setup with my montage hotkey buttons

Hi,

I just updated my DAS to the newest version .34   But now I've lost my old DAS desktop windows setup with my montage hotkey buttons.  I'm not sure why.  Do you have the hotkey buttons file so I can re-configure my desktop?

Thanks,

Todd

Todd,

When you log into the site, go to the Education Center. The downloads are available there. 

Did you perform the Back Up Settings in the Tools menu prior to installing the new version?  If so, you should be able to go to Tools > Restore Settings. If you didn’t, keep it in mind for next time. Always make a back up prior to installing. 

Typically, all of the files remain in the directory when you install a new version.  Did you save your desktop file under a certain name?  Try loading that file. I’m not sure if the hotkeys are saved in the settings or in the .dsk file. 

Lee,

Something is still wrong.  I downloaded the files from the education center and not sure what to do next.  I began using DAS in September and didn't have this problem before.  In September I recall doing something with the files, moving around a file into another folder or something.  I remember seeing instructions on how to do it, but I can't find it now.

I did go to Tools>Restore Settings but my old layout is not there.  This sucks.

Todd

Todd, Is it just the buttons that you're missing? If so, is it possible the montage style got changed?  Right click on the grey part of the lower part of the montage and see what style is selected.

Norm,

Thanks for the help.  It was the hotkey buttons that were missing and Andrew's default layout.  I got it now.  Whew!

Thanks guys.

Todd

Norm,

One more question:  Before I did the upgrade, when I would click my DAS icon on the desktop, the platform would pop right up on my screens.  And I was ready to go.  Now it won't.  Am I supposed to move a file into DAS to get it to do that?

Todd   

Todd,

Did you install .34 into a new directory or over the old version in the same directory?

You can simply go to the directory, find the Dastrader application file, right click, send to desktop (create shortcut). That should put a shortcut on your desktop that points to the correct file. You can then delete your old shortcut that no longer works. 

Glad we could help, Todd. Lee's answer above should solve your shortcut issue, let us know if you need any more help.

Hey guys, 

Thanks again for your patience.  I'm still having my problem.  When I click the DAS icon on my Windows desktop, then click OK to log on, the "default" DAS pops up.  But I want Andrew's hotkey button set-up instead to pop up.

I downloaded his hotkey file.  But in order to get that screen,  I have to log-on to DAS, click file at upper left, click open desktop, click desktop, click hotkey file, THEN it opens up.  But that's too much work.   I prefer to open it up by just hitting the log on button.

I had no problem before in Sept when I set it up.  But for some reason, it just won't do it.

Todd

By the way, I did try Lee's suggestion from above.  I either didn't do it right.  Or I did, and it just didn't work for me. 

Todd,

We thought you were saying that DAS wouldn’t open. It appears you’re just having an issue with it loading the correct desktop file and/or hotkey file.  DAS automatically opens the desktop file called default.dsk. So, in order to get it to load the one you want, you need to rename that particular one to default.dsk. 

Open it, then choose File>Save Desktop. Make sure to name it default.dsk  You will have to overwrite the old default.dsk

The other way is to go into the DAS directory, find the .dsk file that you want it to open automatically, and rename it default.dsk. You’ll have to overwrite or delete the original default.dsk 

I think the desktop file will save whichever hotkey file you’re using in that desktop.  However, to ensure this, open the desktop file you want to use, go to Setup>Hotkey, open the hotkey file, then go back and File>Save Desktop as default.dsk  It should save everything then.  The next time you open DAS, it will open default.dsk and it should be the one you want and with the hotkey file you want.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Lee W