Hello,

I have a hotkey script which is as follows:

ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;Share=BP*0.25 ;TIF=DAY+;HANDINST=ANY;SSHARE=0 ;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=last*1.01;Share=BP*0.25;TIF=DAY+;HANDINST=ANY;BUY=SEND

This is for short selling. My issue is whenever there is an SSR on a stock and I  choose to SHORT which only happens on upticks...it turns into a normal buy order.

How can I change this to get it to buy on uptick but still be a short order??

Thanks!

On 11/8/2018 at 8:40 AM, traderkevin90 said:

Hello,

I have a hotkey script which is as follows:

ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;Share=BP*0.25 ;TIF=DAY+;HANDINST=ANY;SSHARE=0 ;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=last*1.01;Share=BP*0.25;TIF=DAY+;HANDINST=ANY;BUY=SEND

This is for short selling. My issue is whenever there is an SSR on a stock and I  choose to SHORT which only happens on upticks...it turns into a normal buy order.

How can I change this to get it to buy on uptick but still be a short order??

Thanks!

First, check this setting: Montage --> Right Click the area you set the price/etc and select "Trader Settings" --> In the upper left portion, check the box that says "Add 0.01$ to Short Price on down arrow."

tradersetting.thumb.png.8aef83632e1e4b95c29410bb372c5985.png

With that unchecked, if I had to guess, the STOP order maybe beating the initial order because the initial order isn't getting accepted. I'd recommend using a trigger order which only goes in once the initial order is fulfilled. This way you can use the Share=Pos on the stop portion and get an exact position size for that.

For examples, check out the spreadsheet here for more ideas: 

Yours would be:

ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;Share=BP*0.25 ;TIF=DAY+;HANDINST=ANY;SSHARE=0 ;SELL=Send; StopPrice=last*1.01; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+ ACT:BUY;

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Thank you Kyle! I changed the montage to add 0.01 to short but nothing so far. I also changed my hot button to what you recommended:

ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;Share=BP*0.25 ;TIF=DAY+;HANDINST=ANY;SSHARE=0 ;SELL=Send; StopPrice=last*1.01; TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+ ACT:BUY;

but then i get this msg:

Send_Rej Shrt 14 SQ 64.06 --SMAT--12:26:18--Short marketable limit order disabled due to SSR!
order send pending!

but my order wont show up on "Orders"

not sure what else I could try. 

On 11/19/2018 at 9:27 AM, traderkevin90 said:

Thank you Kyle! I changed the montage to add 0.01 to short but nothing so far. I also changed my hot button to what you recommended:

but then i get this msg:

Send_Rej Shrt 14 SQ 64.06 --SMAT--12:26:18--Short marketable limit order disabled due to SSR!
order send pending!

but my order wont show up on "Orders"

not sure what else I could try. 

We were all getting the SSR error last week in sim. Is it still doing it this week?

You'd need to create an SSR only hotkey, but try changing it to Bid+0.1 for price. That should get around the rejection. Your fill maybe slightly delayed.

This isn't as much of a problem with brokers who use smart routing to put the order in on an uptick. DAS SIM doesn't appear to do this. I think that's what the "add 0.01 to short price on down tick" option is supposed to do, but I don't think it's working.

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)