Lee W

DAS Trader Pro - update available

26 minutes ago, thomashzhu said:

I thought they were the same too, but I couldn't log in after downloading it (DAS said "Wrong trader!"). Yea, I emailed the DAS support team and here is the link for the v5.2.0.33 DEMO (simulator) version if anyone needs it:

http://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/DASInstallDEMO.5.2.0.33.exe

Thank you @thomashzhu!

Here is the latest beta version, 5.2.0.34. 

This is for IB users:

http://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/DASInstallIBCO.5.2.0.34.exe

This is for CMEG users:

http://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/ETFA.5.2.0.34.exe

This version includes the new Moving Average Pair (crossover) indicator as well as a Moving Average Slope indicator.  For information on how to enable these features, watch this video:

Edited by Lee W
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hey Lee, thanks for the video walk-through on that.

Question: How responsive is DAS to requests from our community?

DAS is great, and there are lots of things I'm sure we each wish it could do.

One annoyance I have is that they don't have hotkeys available for all their drawing tools.
Rectangle is missing and I use it a lot.

Would be cool if we started a feature request thread here where we could vote on things.

Just a reminder, when doing an install of a new version, it is always a good idea to back up your settings as well as your crucial files in the DAS directory.  A fresh install isn't a bad idea, either.  This ensures you have all of the new files and none of the old ones are lingering.

If you wanted to do a fresh install, this is what I did:

• Saved my DAS Desktop.
  • Backed up my DAS settings.  Tools>Back Up Settings.  It will save a file to your PC desktop.  I've found that this file saves your desktop, hot key, and other settings.
  • Copy my entire DAS directory and pasted it somewhere else.  Just in case something goes awry, It's nice to have a backup of how everything was.  Also, i wanted a copy of my .dsk, .cst, and .htk files.
  • Uninstalled DAS.
  • Restarted PC.
  • Downloaded a fresh copy of .34 here: For IB users http://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/DASInstallIBCO.5.2.0.34.exe  For CMEG users http://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/ETFA.5.2.0.34.exe
  • Ran the installation.
  • Opened DAS and logged in.
  • Restored my settings.  Tools>Restore Settings   This will look for the backup file that was saved to your PC desktop.
  • It opened my default desktop file and hot keys, but I did notice that couple of settings were off a little bit.  I opened the desktop again and everything was pretty much good.  I had to make a couple of adjustments to my Market Viewer, but that's it.
  • Saved my desktop.

If something isn't quite right with your desktop, you can always copy your .dsk, .cst, .htk files from that backup directory folder you made in step 3 and paste those files into the newly created DAS directory.  Remember that DAS will automatically open "default.dsk" upon logging in.

I hope this helps others!

• Like 2

On 11/12/2018 at 8:48 AM, Lee W said:

Just a reminder, when doing an install of a new version, it is always a good idea to back up your settings as well as your crucial files in the DAS directory.  A fresh install isn't a bad idea, either.  This ensures you have all of the new files and none of the old ones are lingering.

If you wanted to do a fresh install, this is what I did:

• Saved my DAS Desktop.
  • Backed up my DAS settings.  Tools>Back Up Settings.  It will save a file to your PC desktop.  I've found that this file saves your desktop, hot key, and other settings.
  • Copy my entire DAS directory and pasted it somewhere else.  Just in case something goes awry, It's nice to have a backup of how everything was.  Also, i wanted a copy of my .dsk, .cst, and .htk files.
  • Uninstalled DAS.
  • Restarted PC.
  • Downloaded a fresh copy of .34 here: For IB users http://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/DASInstallIBCO.5.2.0.34.exe  For CMEG users http://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/ETFA.5.2.0.34.exe
  • Ran the installation.
  • Opened DAS and logged in.
  • Restored my settings.  Tools>Restore Settings   This will look for the backup file that was saved to your PC desktop.
  • It opened my default desktop file and hot keys, but I did notice that couple of settings were off a little bit.  I opened the desktop again and everything was pretty much good.  I had to make a couple of adjustments to my Market Viewer, but that's it.
  • Saved my desktop.

If something isn't quite right with your desktop, you can always copy your .dsk, .cst, .htk files from that backup directory folder you made in step 3 and paste those files into the newly created DAS directory.  Remember that DAS will automatically open "default.dsk" upon logging in.

I hope this helps others!

Wow, Thanks Lee W. I followed these steps exactly and everything worked perfectly! 

Just a heads up (I noticed some people mentioned this in chat the other day as well). With 0.34, it seems the VWAP has a slight issue (see screenshot). It can "lose the line" - the rule marker and montage stay correct, but the line falls behind by a few cents. I don't recall seeing this in previous versions.

Changing timeframes doesn't fix the issue, only way I could correct it is to go to Study Config --> VWAP --> Move Up (or Move Down) and it'll reset itself.

VWAP_Issue_MU_DasTrader_2018-12-12_08-03-01.thumb.png.ec4634acc8ac99c7ea34a6d8bc8b56a8.png

In the screenshot, the light blue label marker is the correct value for that timeframe (circled), the thick blue VWAP line is not correct.

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

3 hours ago, KyleK29 said:

I don't recall seeing this in previous versions.

Hi Kyle, this has always been an issue based on how VWAP is calculated. Here's an old post from @Dima regarding the subject:

Hope that answers your question.

24 minutes ago, Robert H said:

Hi Kyle, this has always been an issue based on how VWAP is calculated. Here's an old post from @Dima regarding the subject:

Hope that answers your question.

Hi Robert, I'm aware of that, was just posting the workaround for other users that come across it. The issue circled is that the chart line (thick blue) falls behind the chart calculation (blue label on price scale). For example, in the image the chart is calculating the 1min VWAP as 35.746 (this is correct), yet the line is stuck at 35.70. Moving the VWAP study config up or down fixes this (it goes back to where it should be). Earlier for me, MU's line was stuck about .06 cents away from the chart label at one point on all timeframes until I did the reset.

I know a few other users have mentioned it. I think it's a bug in BETA 0.34/0.35 as they also added VWAP to the daily chart in these versions, so something else might have gotten messed up.

*EDIT* Replaced image above with a more clearer example.

Edited by KyleK29
Clarity
  • Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)