Sign in to follow this  
bitexploiter

Set montage to chart symbol Hotkey

Hi traders, building my hotkeys and my trading workflow for VWAP strategy because is the only trades i take this month i find only one monitor is better for me.

Two areas have my setup monitor and trading to i need a fast way to go from monitor area to trading area, i find this command on the chart but i can not find the hotkey for this. The go to montage script do not change the symbol just make focus on montage

WorkArea

To link the symbol in Chart and Montage, drag and drop the anchor icon in Montage to the Chart. It is the one in the second row, just to the right of Vol.

There is a hotkey to select the Montage, but it appears to be broken when using multiple Montages. This thread has further info.

If you are using a single station--as it appears to be in your screenshot--then you should be OK. Define the hotkey by going to menu Setup > Hot Key. The command is SwitchTWnd.

Note if you are using Andrew's hotkey file, it should already be there:

Name: select activate montage trading window

Key: END

Command(s): SwitchTWnd

there is a option to double click the chart to trade in the chart config. that should set the montage to the chart you double click.

SwitchTWnd have mistakes sometimes, i have clear the Andrew hotkeys concept. The functionality i am searching is right click on the chart and click montage always go to the montage well. SwitchTWnd make mistakes.

Thx