Sean M

Link multiple montage windows to charts

I think part of the confusion is that the "things" that Robert and Lee say should be called "hot buttons", Andrew calls them hotkeys, and the config panel has them as hotkey too (see "How to Create Hotkey Buttons" (both words together?) video. 

1 hour ago, vle60 said:

I think part of the confusion is that the "things" that Robert and Lee say should be called "hot buttons", Andrew calls them hotkeys, and the config panel has them as hotkey too (see "How to Create Hotkey Buttons" (both words together?) video. 

Wow, you’ve replied to a post from many months ago. 

I don’t really think it’s confusing. A few posts back, the difference between hot buttons and hot keys was clearly stated. Hot buttons are on the montage. Hot keys are on your keyboard. Andrew uses hot keys. You create hot keys in the hot key configuration. You create hot buttons by adding buttons to the montage and programming them.  A hotkey button would be on the montage. 

Edited by Lee W

I agree with you Lee. As a new lifetime member,  I went to read all the posts you mentioned, hence my  observation.  Just watch that video lesson and you’ll see what I meant.  The buttons on the montage are referred to as hot keys, including in the button config panel.  That confused the heck out of this rookie 🙂

On 1/15/2018 at 5:11 PM, Robert H said:

The terminology is not consistent in DAS, and this leads to confusion.

What Lee and I are referring to as Hotkeys:

-Ability to program executions, chart switching, zoom, etc. via keyboard commands

-Andrew provides a hotkey file for onboarders (Hotkey.htk)

-Configured by menu path: Setup > Hot Key

-These commands are global and work across all Montages, as well as charts and within DAS generally

What Lee and I are referring to as Hot Buttons:

-The execution buttons located in the Montage window

-Andrew demonstrates how to create the buttons here

-Configured by right-clicking Montage > Layout Config > adding Hotkey to Window > Adding rows and buttons

-Montage-specific. Can create different buttons for each Montage

-When loading a new Montage from default, the hot buttons are loaded as well. However, new Montage becomes forever linked to first Montage (the bug being discussed in this post)

-Seems you have to create the hot buttons manually in each additional Montage (to avoid the "linked" issue)

I hope that clears things up.

The link is not working -- has it been moved or updated?  

Thanks!