Alastair

ATR on chart as number OR ATR in the montague

Posted (edited)

@peterB  Wanted to pick ur brain since u did some comprehensive work with DAS developers........on ATR........do u see a way to display/print the tickers ATR value as a decimal value on the chart OR in the Market List via the new Advanced HOTKEY scripts or any other method.   This is enhancement I requested from DAS over 2 yrs ago but have not been done even after a few resubmissions.

Thks in advance.

*Mkt List not montage

Edited by Alastair

You cannot have it on montage yet (being a chart indicator). Maybe I can ask to be able to name a button with a variable then you would see it on montage as a new button.

this was possible for years as a chart window

image.png.c0eda870bfb542ce3c93bd68b3ec4917.png

now you can have it like this

image.png.41b8afa1032b16376e26081251ef7b38.png

or like this - the yellow lines

image.png.c03096001d843fbce81a6f7deae2c3d9.png

or like this on a hotkey/hot button

image.png.a59001a0e54caa5e1f7e5c69972fb571.png

all explained here https://open.substack.com/pub/traderpeter/p/das-trader-advanced-hotkeys-part-c83?r=1wujo4&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web and here https://traderpeter.substack.com/p/das-advanced-hotkeys-part-4?r=1wujo4

• Thanks 1

Going to play with it again.......has been a long time since I tried.

Sorry not montage.....in mkt list so I could sort on them. ATR.   I'm getting old.

that is not possible and hardly achievable too as ATR is not a static indicator having one formula so you would need to calculate atr(xy) based on the xy custom settings causing ton of problems for the programmers to handle it. so do not expect that to happen anytime soon or ever

Yeah,....it was a mod I requested from DAS but got no movement on.   Any mods I request and dont get a fast enough response on I usually look for ways to to code myself using AutoHotKeys...............but some like this one cannot be done.  But tht was in the early days, now more focused on being a CPT.  Thks.