On 4/28/2024 at 1:14 AM, peterB said:

https://open.substack.com/pub/traderpeter/p/das-trader-advanced-hotkeys-part?r=1wujo4&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

to use dynamic risk instead of static risk we can use calculations by reading the Account Object

for example:

$myACC=GetAccountObj("YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME_HERE");
$myIE=$myACC.equity;

then use the $myIE variable instead of the static risk. I will cover it in the next article I am preparing regarding the reading of object properties.

Or as I mentioned in the other posts, do it by changing weekly the static risk

@peterB this is awesome, thank you for sharing. I messaged DAS support about this and was told that it may be possible with the new advanced hotkey setting. 

I'm assuming that the "hotkey advanced script" must be enabled in the general configuration for these to work. Is that correct?

How were you able to figure out the variables or inputs needed for coding the script? Did DAS provide you with that list? I am working on a concept that involves using a % of my buying power to trade multiple tickers at a time. Lets say I want to put 3 trades on at once using 1/3 of my buying power for each trade. The problem with this is that the buying power will reduce by 1/3 after the first position. Then the second position will only be using 1/3 of 2/3 of the initial buying power. I'm wondering if there is an input variable for "initial buying power". If not, I suppose it could be done using "account equity" multiplied by 4 or whatever buying power multiple you have, then divided by 3. 

Does that make sense?

Side note: while I was messing around with different configurations I enabled the "advanced hotkey" option and then found that the default hotkey functions were disabled like holding "shift" and drag to zoom on chart; or using the directional arrow keys to zoom and scroll a chart. 

Is that the same for you?

yes i talk to DAS developers and do some testing and proposals to them

what you describe is easy to acomplish - you just set the variable one time before any trade to set your BP variable then calculate the 1/3rd from there

anyway do not focus on the BP much as it can be misleading as you can have other margin requirements not allowing you to take the position.

i do not see any logic in it. if you know your BP is 6 times your initial equity then just count the risk from 1/3rd of the initial equity as shown above

regarding the other functionality i do not know i am not using shift or arrow keys to navigate and i am not going back to old syntax anyway