Brandi

Can't Sell Position with an Open Stop Loss

Hello,

I just started sim trading this week, and I keep getting hung up on something. I have figured out how to buy shares (long in this example), and then I was able to add a Stop Market order to sell those at a certain price. However, if the stock price moves up and I want to exit at my target price, I have to cancel my Stop Loss order before I can sell. I think this makes sense, in that I cannot have 2 open sell orders on the same position, but how do we work around that? Do I just cancel the stop loss before I sell every time?

Can someone point me in the right direction on this? Thanks so much!

-Brandi 

Edited by Brandi

Hey Brandi

Did you solve this? I am currently trying to figure this out. I’ll try to scale out of a position and am not able to. Is this because I have a stoploss set as well?

This is a DAS Trader Pro demo nonsense problem. Always saying : not enough buying power! 

Each time I want to partial I must remove the stoploss and then put it again.

There is a macro you can add to the shortcut to cancel all the order : CXL ALLSYMB;

But don't forget to put your stoploss again and again and again!!

Hope it help!

Yes that is helpful! Thank you!

So just to clarify, are you saying that this it does not work the same way in the live (non-demo) version? (I have not started live trading yet)