Sign in to follow this  
Carlos M.

Amazing Trading Day 5/16 +$1,800

Hi Isaac,

That's a great benefit to be able to trade without the PDT rule.

I have been trading on simulator for 2 months, one of the things that I am struggling is how large my position have to be in order to have a reasonable profit.

This is a question that many traders when first starting out have, but you need to ask yourself what do you consider a reasonable profit? For anyone starting out live profit is second to experience. Once you start making good trades with even a small size you will be able to cover the spread, and commission. Your net profit might be small or just breaking even. Worry about getting the experience and the profits will follow.

If you are still in simulator focus on the technique, execution and strategy. Once you go live or if you are live already,  your focus should be to try and simulate what you have done in the simulator with small size. Once you have a good amount of time (this is different for everyone, there is no set time) under your belt you can slightly increase the size as your account grows.

Put the time in, be patient and I'm sure we will be having a great recap from you in the future. You got this.

Carlos

Carlos,

Thank you so much for your answer, you're very kind.

Today I traded just focussing on the techniques and hiding the PLR, it was totally different. I focused also in my risk management.

After And hour I got surpriced when I saw a profit of 338 dollars after 6 trades

Amazing!

I have to improve my entry in order to get a better entry.

Thank you,

IL