WearyBear

Hotkey - fixed number of shares - automatic stop loss

Hi everyone,

I've been searching the forum for a while today, and am a bit overwhelmed by how much content there is, regarding hotkeys. I'm not sure if I have used the best search terms, but so far I have not been able to find what I was hoping to find. 

Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

1. Double click on the chart in DAS, to select the appropriate stop loss level
  2. Press a hotkey to enter (long or short) with a fixed number of shares
  3. The hotkey will place the long / short order and the stop loss order

I believe this (in theory) is pretty similar to hotkeys I've used before, where I specify a stop loss level to lock in a fixed technical risk, and adjust my position size accordingly, except I want this to use a fixed number of shares and a user specified stop loss level.

Does such a script already exist?

I hear you, but disagree on a couple of points.......

The "ultimate" implementation of this, would see me having (for example) 3 different hotkeys to buy 100, 200 or 300 shares (Or, short them). My trading strategy also does prescribe different levels of risk in various increments. The, in my opinion, very important distinction is that the stop loss risk level is *NOT* the only, nor primary, exit signal in the trading strategy I am using currently. I look at the price action to tell me when it's time to get out. So far, those "exit signals" have caught far more trades than the "max loss per trade" level / stop loss

Today might be a good day to noodle on some DAS scripts and test in replay..... Hmmm.... need more coffee for this......

Hi, did you find out the script? I am exactly looking for the same hotkey setup. New here in this forum (and Das as well)  ...and will continue searching. Alex