daspatriot

no permission for replay mode error

hello,

When I try to switch to replay mode I get an "no permission for replay mode" error, looking for a solution.

I have DAS AMTD Version 5.6.4.15 connected to Ameritrade,  with the Deluxe Package.  I am fully connected to AMTD and everything seems to be working fine there.

My understanding is DAS packages include the replay capability,  e.g. from DAS AMTD package page  "(All packages includes paper training account with live accounts)".

My accounts window shows my AMTD account number and what I believe is a training account starting with TR* .  Not sure if it's necessary but I select that first in the Montage, which is how I understand one switches accounts.

Am I missing something here?

thank you

thanks for the replies, yes I had to add the replay package, works now.

I thought paper trading == Replay mode as all I hear discussed is Replay mode, wasn't even aware DAS had paper trading.

Glad to discover paper trading too, though it would be nice to have 100% isolation from ones real account.  For now I set mine as global default but I can still see ways to make some mistakes on the real account. For example looks like there's a clickable order from my real account showing even with the training account selected in the montage.

@abielguerra I have been  using DAS with replay mode for 1.5 years with BBT and paying the pkg every month. I tried to use SIM today and it gave me this error of no permissions for replay mode. I emailed them. How can I fix this? Did something change recently? 

Hey Peter, I’ve been paying $150/mo for BBT DAS package. That includes level 2 and sim. I had after hours replay too for about a year and a half to practice. Then DAS suddenly disabled it. I had to contact them and they charged me an extra $15/mo now for that. Isn’t that included in our package?