Quick Update:

CMEG, after an agonizing customer service experience, eventually compensated the loss I sustained due to their TIF bug. I won't go into too much detail because it required me to involve DAS leadership (via LinkedIn). 

That said, the TIF is still broken. Yesterday I was unable to close two long positions after hours using the DAY+ TIF (rendering my hotkeys useless). Only after switching to DAY was I able to close the positions (despite it being AH).

Most frightening: NOT EVEN "PANIC" WORKED! 

CMEG claims "[the bug] is currently being looked into and an update will be provided as soon as one becomes available." 

Otherwise:
- I've asked CMEG to INFORM ALL THEIR CLIENTS of the TIF bug (but that doesn't seem a likely possibility).
- While CMEG doesn't seem to view this bug as a serious issue, it very much is in the context of DAS as a paid platform. Hotkeys/order scripting are what make it so powerful for active traders (especially scalpers). But because TIF is a component of any ticket-generating script, when it doesn't work, neither does the script (hotkey). So what am I and others paying for?

That's it for now...believe it or not, this post is only a (very, very) abridged account of my recent experiences with CMEG.

My hope is that anyone who in the future considers trading with CMEG as their broker be aware of these limitations. Because they can't be found in any documentation. But they're here now. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 3:29 PM, zulkafil said:

I am regularly following your post about the DAS/TIF issue and CMEG.  I talked to TDA and IB several times. After reading your recent post about CMEG customer support, I can only say "How they can do this to a customer?" Stephen, my suggestion is if possible, please switch your broker in the future.

I am currently following up with CMEG on this issue.   U should know that the DAS app backend  is controlled and managed by DAS.

So I would direct ur  hard core technical issue to DAS Support hotline/web based live chat support.

@StephenMeowkmus  Has this issue reappeared in your trading ?

It should work based on the manual screen grab and may be a one off issue. I don't think CMEG tech team can handle this issue.

46 minutes ago, Alastair said:

So I would direct ur  hard core technical issue to DAS Support hotline/web based live chat support.

@StephenMeowkmus  Has this issue reappeared in your trading ?

Yes, I can still count on this issue to occur at the worst possible moment. In fact, all I can do right now is not trade after hours (w/ CMEG). It's just way too risky. 

I've been in touch with DAS--including the highest levels of the C-suite. They've told me, essentially, that until CMEG asks them for help, there's nothing they can do. 

* Something else happened while live trading this morning that's just as if not more concerning than the TIF bug. Working up the energy to write about it. 

Edited by StephenMeowkmus

6 minutes ago, StephenMeowkmus said:

Yes, I can still count on this issue to occur at the worst possible moment. In fact, all I can do right now is not trade after hours (w/ CMEG). It's just way too risky. 

I've been in touch with DAS--including the highest levels of the C-suite. They've told me, essentially, that until CMEG asks them for help, there's nothing they can do. 

* Something else happened while live trading this morning that's just as if not more concerning than the TIF bug. Working up the energy to write about it. 

I seriously think u should look at ur script or ur execution...........................it may not be written correctly.

If DAS has a critical bug Karen / Tom will get it fixed, but u need to show that u have found a bug, send the log files.   Enhancements and other modifications is another issue and is scheduled based on resources.

DAS owns the software not CMEG and has the experts  to fix.   

Suggest u speak directly to DAS and provide log files and screen grabs.

44 minutes ago, Alastair said:

I seriously think u should look at ur script or ur execution...........................it may not be written correctly.

I appreciate your advice. And I can assure you, the first, second, third and fourth things I did were check scripts and executions. I'm more than confident that neither are the problem. 

When I said the highest levels of the C-suite, I was referring to Karen. 

Omg thank you for this. An entire year later and this is caused me quite the nightmare with CMEG. I have gotten the run around saying it is a known issue with buying power when I’m reality I was trying to trade day hours with day+ and unable to get out of trades.. I thought I was going crazy and found this and this is the exact same issue I am having (without the hotkeys) thank you for this. I was ready to throw in the towel.