JDen

Script for automatically moving stoploss to breakeven when in profit

Hello everyone,

I am aware that DAS provides hotkeys for moving a stoploss to breakeven. However, these hotkeys require that I manually press the key combination that triggers the action.

Is it possible to write scripts in DAS such that, upon reaching a certain unrealized PnL in an order, the stoploss is automatically moved to breakeven WITHOUT pressing a hotkey? For example, I enter an order and when I am in 100$ profit I want the stoploss to go to breakeven automatically without pressing a hotkey.

Such scripts are common in other platforms, but I couldn't find a way or writing them in DAS.

Thanks!

this triggering is not possible in DAS as far as i know but you can bypass it by inserting a 1 share future partial order which can automatically set your stop loss to BE which is commonly used hotkey

• Like 2

That's a good workaround. Thank you! So the size of the stoploss would be the original position size + 1 in this case. Do you have a sample of such a hotkey by any chance?

Oh I see you mean partially closing 1 share. In this scenario could I have 2 take profits simultaneously in DAS? One of 1 share only for triggering the stoploss and one for the rest of the position.

forget it, it cannot be done the way you need it. you just need to press it at the right time yourself.

you cant put a limit order which would move your stop. the order can be in a single hotkey but the execution cannot be scheduled

I see, that's a pity because then you pretty much can't leave the screen unattended for a longer period of time (2-3 hours) as I was intending. Thanks for the reply!

you can put a range order right away but the problem is if you want to move the stop later on- you need to move it manually