Silviu

Hot key not working properly in DAS simulator

Hello! I am using the 14 weeks free trial version of DAS simulator and I added the hot keys Equalized Risk Per Trade. If I use them with live data, it seems to be working fine (the stop loss symbol gets placed where I double click, and I buy the right number of shares). However when I use it in reply mode (I used it for AAPL on 23rd August 2021), it doesn't seem to work properly. When using the hot key I see no stop loss mark on my chart. Also when the price went below the place where I initially double clicked, it didn't stop me out automatically. What should I do to fix this issue? Thank you! 

stop orders  do not work in replay mode (not even submitted) nor in pre/post-market (shown but not executed)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! Why is that the case? Also, if I am to use Equalized Risk Per Trade button, will that at least select the right number of shares (even if it doesn't place the stop order), given the place where I double click (I noticed that sometimes the number of shares bought when I use that hotkey is the same regardless of where I double click, in replay mode).

its too complicated to program it in replay mode. it just reads the price action over the time and plays it for you and allows you to do only basic buy and sell operations as there is no market maker to submit your advanced stop loss to

the equalized risk button - it does not matter much as there is no P&L in replay mode so in replay mode you just need to enter and exit as per plan then immediately evaluate if it was working as per plan or not. in replay mode you need to be more visually oriented - you can help with line markers for the risk/entry and reward/exit areas

• Like 1