Kevin D

Stop or Limit order Hot Key

I'm looking for a hot key where I can set the price I'd like to get out.

For example, on a long trade, how would I script a Hot Key to place a an order at a particular price. Perhaps click the chart at a level, hit a hotkey and the order is created.

I would use this instead of hitting my regular partial hotkeys. Perhaps use to be listed on the ask side to gain spread. 

Thanks.

I got you Gator.

Fortunately I do what you are asking all the time.

Here's my hotbutton layout for reference, but what you are asking only needs pieces of it.

image.png.af6b40cdd030006f94cb3152bcd4b8f6.png

There are 3 Steps to do what you require:

1) I enter the trade with a double click at my desired stop price, and then I click either of these hotbuttons.

image.png.a8b6f5787c0c340e4ffacacc69e6b228.png

2) If I want to take a partial at a specific price I first specify what % I want to take off of my current position with these.

image.png.bae7a34b182c39a59ca4aa8163e4657b.png

3) I then double click where I want to take said partial on the chart and click either of these.

image.png.0c30a8979679a35f610678e7d94166ad.png

Here's the hotbutton scripts associated with each step:

1)

[L] Ask:  StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;

[SS] Bid: StopPrice=Price+0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;

2)

[Pos] 10%:  Share=Pos * 0.10;

Etcetera...

3)

[P] Set Price (Green):  ROUTE=LIMIT; TIF=DAY+; SSHARE=0 ;SELL=Send;

[P] Set Price (Red):  ROUTE=LIMIT; TIF=DAY+; SSHARE=0 ; BUY=Send;

See you in chat fella.

• Like 2

Nevener,

What a grab! Working to implement this tonight.

I'm using this to sell last of a position.

Here's the flow chart;

1. Double Click for Stop Price

2. Hot Key sets up Stop Order and Limit Price

3. Hot Key for Remainder of Position

Thanks again.  See you on in chat.

• Like 1

Kevin, I really like this post.  For some stupid reason, I have not been able to get my hotkeys made for taking profit.

Would you be willing to share the scripts for the other keys.  What I am looking for is to be able to get into a trade and preset my profits at 1R, 2R and R at the same time.

Thanks,

WarrenJ

On 2/13/2022 at 2:34 PM, Warren J said:

Kevin, I really like this post.  For some stupid reason, I have not been able to get my hotkeys made for taking profit.

Would you be willing to share the scripts for the other keys.  What I am looking for is to be able to get into a trade and preset my profits at 1R, 2R and R at the same time.

Thanks,

WarrenJ

I think this is what you are looking for: