I just started using the DAS CMD API last week and am having some difficulties with it. The sample project that they sent doesn't even seem to work correctly. Specifically, I am trying to subscribe to the level 1 information for a given symbol and it never fires the callback handler.

Right after I call socket.eventPool.Subscribe(...) I get a message in the output window stating "The event pool does not contain an entry for Lv1". After that, any calls to socket.SubscribeLevelOne(...) result in nothing happening.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that they want to charge for API access and can't even provide customers with a working sample. 😞 

I am looking into the API for a project I might take on, and yeah i though the price of the DAS API was crazy.

If i go ahead and create the project i am planning on using IB's API... it is free and seems like it is better supported... They call it the TWS API

I did end up getting it to work after some messing around. It's not bad at all once you wrap your head around it. My favorite feature by far is that it works with DAS in replay mode. So you can make tweaks to your algorithm and then run it against the same dataset for comparison purposes.

If you have any level of C# development experience I highly recommend it (if you can stomach the price). 🙂 

Talk to @KyleK29 he had an interest too. 

I was exploring it  to create a fully automated execution system, but had a negative experience with CEO and decided to put it on hold.  So feedback from you would be appreciated.

Glad I did as FOREX and Equities trade different so it took me a little longer to nail down my strategies in equities.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I talked to Karen as well and everything was fine. From talking to her, I do get the impression that a lot of people try to use it who have no real programming experience. It's definitely not newbie friendly. I have no idea if that was your situation or not.

Thts in the past now so no biggy.

25+yrs in software dev with coding (Financial and Retail Banking Systems, Credit Card Switching Technology). But I'm glad its working for u and I may lean on if I every decide to employ the DAS API. 

Maybe we can get a BBT community support going for DAS API developers.

That would be cool. Having a small community of devs all working with this would be nice. Right now I feel like I am floating on a raft out in the middle of nowhere by myself working on this. DAS support has been helpful to a degree, but I am having to figure out most of it on my own. Like yourself, I've been working as a dev or in a role supporting other devs for more than 20 years.

It's probably worth mentioning that I am working with just the CMD API for now since it only costs $100 per month. It requires that you run DAS on the same machine as your custom app and it communicates through a local TCP socket. All orders have to go through that. As you might imagine, this has some downsides to it. However, it seems to work pretty well for the most part. I will consider upgrading to the .NET API, which connects directly to the DAS order/quote servers, later once I start seeing consistent profits with this one and can justify the extra cost.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:34 AM, JCurry said:

That would be cool. Having a small community of devs all working with this would be nice. Right now I feel like I am floating on a raft out in the middle of nowhere by myself working on this. DAS support has been helpful to a degree, but I am having to figure out most of it on my own. Like yourself, I've been working as a dev or in a role supporting other devs for more than 20 years.

It's probably worth mentioning that I am working with just the CMD API for now since it only costs $100 per month. It requires that you run DAS on the same machine as your custom app and it communicates through a local TCP socket. All orders have to go through that. As you might imagine, this has some downsides to it. However, it seems to work pretty well for the most part. I will consider upgrading to the .NET API, which connects directly to the DAS order/quote servers, later once I start seeing consistent profits with this one and can justify the extra cost.

Hey Jcurry can you check your DM