Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
Fellow Bear Bull Traders,
I would like to share with you the Equity Simulator. Another possible name for it could be Expectations Manager. 
 
What the tool does:
The tool calculates the likely Equity curve and distribution of daily R given the probability of R outcomes in every trade. It also compares the Equity curve when using a Fixed amount R vs using R as a % of Equity.
 
Motivation:
As part of my Trading plan, I've set rules for increasing and decreasing position size based on my trading results, as well as moving from Live to Sim and vice versa. But I was feeling that these rules were quite arbitrary - I was wondering how many Red/Green days a week/month I should reasonably expect in the long run, and what kind of profitability I would actually need to meet my goals. Learning how to execute each trade properly is paramount but I felt this would add some perspective and peace ("do I really have to have red days, given my win rate?":)
 
Alternatives:
EdgeWonk analyzes individual trades and seeks for potential improvement in entries, exits, and trade management in general. (thanks @KyleK29 for the suggestion) In contrast, this Simulator can't be used for tweaking individual strategies - it focuses more on the bigger picture and your average trading results. It could be however used to compare your results using two styles of trade management - e.g.
Style 1 60% chance of -1R, 40% chance of 2R vs
Style 2: 80% chance of -1R, 20% chance of 4R
 
Further comments can be found in individual cells and on the second sheet. Please let me know any suggestions or questions.
 
 
Have a nice day and don't forget to hold the line!  🎂🤑
JanJ
Edited by J3Lda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i can see a great value in this tool especially in the fact that it shows you that statistically you can have a drawdown for many days like this

immagine.png.40951b875aa5d5f830a051a5e3157577.png

but even with a 60% red days you would eventually go up long term if you stick to your max daily loss

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.