James00trades

Script Based on Fixed Dollar Amount?

I've been scouring Google for this one to no avail.  Seems like a simple task, but I'm only a week into studying the DAS scripting language.

Say I want to buy $1000 worth of shares at the Ask+0.05.  Looking for tips on how to build this.

Additionally, is there a way to build this so it fires when a future price level is reached?

Thanks @peterB That script only works during regular hours and I've recently started using it with great success.  What I'm looking for is a hot key method to buy a fixed dollar amount per trade during pre-market hours without anchoring it to a set risk value.  Ran across this today.  Would this buy $2,000 worth of shares?

Route=LIMIT; Price=Ask+0.05; Share=2000/Price; TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

Also curious if there are functions within DAS that would enable the script to be pre-set and fire at a later price level (stop orders are out ... maybe the native alerts / trigger feature?).

Thanks for the confirmation @peterB

6 hours ago, peterB said:

also a stop limit order for the triggered entry would work with the click to trade method

The use of the stop limit would disqualify its use during extended hours, yeah?

Hello James,

Hope you are doing well:). If you have or developed script for for this question "Say I want to buy $1000 worth of shares at the Ask+0.05", Can you please share it ? I'm new to DAS and struggling for this simple task. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Ankita