Diana

Could not sell off position in DAS

Hi guys,

Was wondering what I did wrong with settings or maybe its just how it worked.

I went long on FSR on last Friday (11/13/2020) where sometime during the trade I noticed the "S" disappeared in the montage.

After a strong push up I decided to sell all but it kept saying "Security is not shortable![1279]". I finally exited with panic hotkey.

Is there something I missed? I usually use Kyle's hotkeys (in this case it's the Scale Out 100%).

I'm wondering if your hotkey is accurately calculating the position it needs to sell. If it's trying to sell more shares than you have, I think you can get that error.

Here is my "sell 100%" hotkey for you to compare to:

CXL ALLSYMB; Share=Pos; Price=Bid-.10; TIF=DAY+; ROUTE=LIMIT; SELL=Send;

Another possibility- is it possible the wrong montage window was in focus? could it have been trying to sell a different symbol, for which you were not in a position, and was also not shortable?

I've certainly run into that error when I first setup my hotkeys. But it's been too long now to remember how I fixed it.

Edited by JasonH

Hi JasonH, thanks for helping to troubleshoot. 🙂

Yup, that's the same hotkey I have. Maybe I'll go through all my hotkeys again. Paranoia is hitting. 

I'm pretty sure I have the correct montage (having doubts now!). I restarted DAS, selected the symbol tried again and it persisted.

I got out after hitting panic a couple of times, fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.