What is NASDAQ Total View? Does this data package include Time/Sales, aka "the Tape"? 

What other market data access services or packages should a day trader be using? 

I hope this post helps others understand market data access. 

NASDAQ TotalView is the Full Depth Order Book data for NASDAQ, it includes Level 1, Level 2, and all quotes / transactions (time & sales).

Others are: ARCA (NYSE), BATS/EDGA/EDGX, and then an assortment of smaller ones.

Each data feed is the main feed for a particular exchange(s), so TotalView would have more complete data on NASDAQ stocks. 

Edited by KyleK29
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Thanks for the explanation @KyleK29. I really appreciate it. Once CMEG switches my platform from Sterling to DAS, I'm pretty sure I'll be asking for Level 1, Level 2, NASDAQ Totalview, and ARCAbook, as my market data accesses to receive. 

2 hours ago, Andrew from Jersey said:

Thanks for the explanation @KyleK29. I really appreciate it. Once CMEG switches my platform from Sterling to DAS, I'm pretty sure I'll be asking for Level 1, Level 2, NASDAQ Totalview, and ARCAbook, as my market data accesses to receive. 

If you have no intention to do Options, just go with the same package setup as the BBT one. Otherwise, you can do the $150 (Non-Pro) DAS data package and swap out the options for the ARCABook at the same price.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)