dellen

DAS buy or sell on Bid/Ask + %of price, is it possible?

Hi everyone, sometimes I've been getting a pop up in DAS when I put an order that says something like invalid price, pretty sure its because the price falls outside my bid+0.05 by the time its executed. Usually it works well but with higher priced stocks I get this pop up often. It would be interesting if there is a way to make it a bid+%ofstockprice instead of a fixed number since it depends a lot on the price of the stock.

Any comments are much appreciated.

First, check your Setup -> Trader Settings -> "Price Check" value .. this can sometimes reject your order if it's outside your configured parameters. Make sure you're using LIMIT (or SMRTL) orders as well.

To do the Bid+%OfStockPrice, you'd do something like:

Price = Bid * 1.005; Price=Round2;

That's  BID * 0.5% (half a percent). So if the BID equals $55.42, it'd calculate as: 55.70 (55.6971 --> Round2 --> 55.70). 

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Thanks Kyle, I've using your hotkeys and sometimes I get that error, its not the price check or the route that you mentioned.