Kris S.

Problem with closing open positions - 'not enough buying power'

Hi,

I've moved from TWS to DAS at the beginning of October, and I am experiencing strange behaviour of DAS. I've been still on the Demo account.

Being more specific, sometimes when have an open position, DAS does not allow me to put STOP or limit orders for that position. The error message I get is "Not enough buying power".  It happens usually when I have more than one position open and the orders I want to place exceed the avaialble buying power left.

It seems that DAS tries to utilize my Buying Power Limit whenever I am placing LIMIT and STOP orders for  positions being open.

Is this an error of DAS??  Orders used to close the existing position should not utilize the buying power, I guess. 

Here are some of the hotkeys I use for placing stop and limit orders whenever I manage open positions.

STOP for short positions:  sets a stop order in the place of double click on the chart

ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=Price;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;  ('Price' variable gets filled with the price retreived from the chart after double click on a place where I want to put my stop order)

LIMIT orders for short positions:  - defines limit order(20%) in the place of double click on the chart

Route=Limit;Share=Pos*0.2;TIF=DAY+;Sell=Load ('Price' variable gets filled with the price retreived from the chart after double click on a place where I want to put my limit order)

I will be greatfull for a comment.  Is this normal behaviour of DAS?  Is this happening also on the real account with IB?

Edited by Kris S.

I am having issues scaling out and closing positions after I have placed an order that has a long and a stop loss order at the same time.  (Kyle's Keys).  Today and yesterday, on two separate stocks, I was not able to partial or close the positions.  I had to go to another montage, type the stock ticker into that montage and then use those keys...then it responds.  Ideas???

I just get the same problem today in Das Trader Pro with DEMO account.

Here a citation from Kyle's hotkey "BBT_DASTraderPro_HotKey_Configuration_BETA_V2.1" that give us some light.

CXL ALLSYMB --> If set to True, this will add the CXL ALLSYMB command to the begginning (prevents a DAS Buying Power rejection if at start). What this does is when executed it will cancel all open orders for the symbol, RECOMMENDED USE: for the 100% (Sell All or Cover All) as it'll clear any STOPS / PRICE-TARGETS you've set.

the command go at the beginning of the script.

Edited by Mathieu