Bethany Freel

Orders being rejected?

My orders in DAS Pro lately have been rejected with the following message: "Your order is not accepted. In order to obtain the desired position, the equity with loan value (number) must exceed the initial margin (bigger number)." The position size I'm trying to take is less than my equity let alone my buying power with margin. Anyone know what is gong on?

Who is the broker and are the stocks under 5$?  Some Brokers will not allow margin trades on stocks under 5$. 

It may be best to contact both the broker and das support. 

Yeah we'd love to know more details about the stock you traded, how much margin you needed to use and what's the broker. Or simply message the broker.

The problem here is that some brokers don't allow you to use your margin(or part of your margin) on some kind of stocks. Basically it's their way of managing risk. They don't want you to lose their money.

On 8/19/2019 at 12:58 PM, Bethany Freel said:

My orders in DAS Pro lately have been rejected with the following message: "Your order is not accepted. In order to obtain the desired position, the equity with loan value (number) must exceed the initial margin (bigger number)." The position size I'm trying to take is less than my equity let alone my buying power with margin. Anyone know what is gong on?

Out of curiosity, did you try it again right after to see what would happen? As others have said, it could be broker related.

But it is worth noting that since last week (Thurs, 8/15/19), I've been getting random rejections using the SIM. If I try immediately after, it goes through. This also occurs with some trigger orders (they reject when they send). The error I get is "Rep Order Val Limit[1279]," it's rare and random (like you, the Withheld Buying Power is below the account Equity) so they may have made some changes on the order servers that they're trying to work out. I've seen a few others mention this in chat as well the past few days.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

This is probably because of the volatility. Brokers have the right to change margin requirements at any time, and they will do that in markets like this with very high ranges.

My futures broker has recently raised margins about 6x-10x what they used to be. It's fine, just trade smaller and stick with cash only positions ideally. Otherwise you are under capitalized in this kind of environment. 

Yep, this has to do with amount of margin IBK will give on different equities depending on their individual volatility as determined by them. The "spending power" in DAS is not necessarily accurate for every equity.