Jump to content
Robert H

Exclusive Deal from DAS For Interactive Broker Clients

Recommended Posts

IBKR Lite is only for web version and mobile app. They do not even offer TWS for it. It is mostly for asset collection in response to Robinhood, but overall it has not gotten any attention yet for active traders.

IB for active traders mean IBKR Pro. You can mention it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I recently opened my IB account, have not funded it yet. I am getting ready to download DAS Pro but I will be In and OUT of LIVE and SIM for a few/several weeks. I do plan to trade live but will spend most time in SIM. Does the Deluxe Package give you L2, float, and all the data feeds required to DT?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luis Servin said:

Hi,

I recently opened my IB account, have not funded it yet. I am getting ready to download DAS Pro but I will be In and OUT of LIVE and SIM for a few/several weeks. I do plan to trade live but will spend most time in SIM. Does the Deluxe Package give you L2, float, and all the data feeds required to DT?

Thank you

Correct.


Abiel Guerra

BBT Team

abiel@bearbulltraders.com

 @abielguerra 

Find your answers in our Knowledge Base 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abiel,

Thanks for quick response. In comparing the 165 vs 150 per month it appears that 'Replay L1' is the only difference. Andrew posted a video on replay on 1.20.2020, is this what that feature is/adds? I couldn't find info on the said Replay Level 1. Could you explain what 15/ month addition gets us and the benefit of it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Luis Servin said:

Abiel,

Thanks for quick response. In comparing the 165 vs 150 per month it appears that 'Replay L1' is the only difference. Andrew posted a video on replay on 1.20.2020, is this what that feature is/adds? I couldn't find info on the said Replay Level 1. Could you explain what 15/ month addition gets us and the benefit of it?

This is a more recent video from Carlos that explains exactly what Replay L1 gets you:

It is essentially the ability to go back in time on any stock and replay the chart and price action for the day. But you currently can’t place open orders or see the future bids/asks (L2) through the montage. Apparently they are working on bringing this in the future though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBT,

Any idea when DAS will have the L2 on the Replay?, as Carlos M mentioned (in the video) this will be a super bonus and I would most certainly opt for the $165/month account to have this feature. I think this feature would also help reduce overtrading as one can go into the replay mode and do some trade review on a good or bad trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I wanna ask, If I have an IB account and I download DAS trader, will I be able to access my IB paper account through DAS or it will be only the IB live account that will be available on DAS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Moe said:

Hi, I wanna ask, If I have an IB account and I download DAS trader, will I be able to access my IB paper account through DAS or it will be only the IB live account that will be available on DAS?

Hi good morning Moe.

 

With DAS and IB,  you can connect as many IB accounts as you wish on top of having a Paper Trading account.  Once in the DAS application, you will be able to choose your default account to execute orders (ie your sim account) or you can change your account on the fly within the montage (if you have 2 or more accounts)

 

Your sim paper account # within DAS may start or look similar to this; TRIB1234

 

image.png.1695e5a33d21d37f0ba1332aca637cda.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SpoTT Trader said:

Hi good morning Moe.

 

With DAS and IB,  you can connect as many IB accounts as you wish on top of having a Paper Trading account.  Once in the DAS application, you will be able to choose your default account to execute orders (ie your sim account) or you can change your account on the fly within the montage (if you have 2 or more accounts)

 

Your sim paper account # within DAS may start or look similar to this; TRIB1234

 

image.png.1695e5a33d21d37f0ba1332aca637cda.png

Good morning SpoTT,

 

That’s great.

Thanks so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Do you know how to make one of the account the default account?

Also, is there a way to make it more visual (different window head color like in TWS IB...) to be sure on which account, paper or real money, you're trading in?

Thank you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm about to set up a live account with IB, but would welcome some advice from people who live in the UK and have done this.  There is a UK based subsidary of IB (Interactive Brokers UK), but I'm worried about how the exchange rate fees will be handled if I have an account in Pounds Sterling but am constantly converting to dollars for every trade.  Basic question is - would I be better off setting up an account with the US based IB and transferring my funds in one hit to US dollars or use IB UK?  I've been looking at their help pages but things are a bit vague, they mention a $2 fee per trade for automatic conversion on the fly or a manual conversion with an unspecified fee, setup prior to initiating a trade, but I'm not sure if I can convert $25000 and keep it permanently in that currency for multiple future trades over several weeks/months or if it is a daily/single trade thing?  Finally of course I'm not certain whether there are hidden fees embedded in the actual exchange rate they use ie Buy at $1.40 sell at $1.20

A releated question - would trade order execution by significantly faster if I use IB US v IB UK to place orders on the US Stock markets?  I would be using DAS who servers I believe are based in New York.  Thus if I trade through IB UK, my route to order would be from my location in UK to the DAS Server, back to IB UK, back to NASDAQ to actually place the order.  Crossing the Atlantic 3 times.  Whereas if I used IB US, my route to order would only cross the Atlantic once.  Or am I misunderstanding something?

Edited by NickU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am not in UK but i always just converted my EUR to USD and traded those without any additional fees so i think it might work the same for you.

regarding the routing, if you trade US stocks you are connected from UK to DAS US then DAS makes the best routing to the US stock exchanges for you so no worries. You make the orders at DAS platform and the rest is their business. If you trade with IB TWS i believe the logon servers are selectable so it is the same case. Here is the list of IB servers https://www.interactivebrokers.com/cgi-bin/conn_test.pl i believe you can choose to which you want to be connected if you use TWS. Cannot test it though.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, bruno35 said:

Hi,

Do you know how to make one of the account the default account?

Also, is there a way to make it more visual (different window head color like in TWS IB...) to be sure on which account, paper or real money, you're trading in?

Thank you 🙂

you can chose the default in the Trading option/preset and also create an Alias for your different accountss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peterB said:

i am not in UK but i always just converted my EUR to USD and traded those without any additional fees so i think it might work the same for you.

@peterBThanks for the reply, can you clarify what broker you were using to do this.  I read that you are based in Europe but were using IB UK and were able to convert a load of Euros into Dollars once only and they were held in that currency effectively permanently for all future trades?

I assume since Brexit you were switched to one of the new European subsideries of IB - Luxemburg, Dublin or Budapest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, peterB said:

regarding the routing, if you trade US stocks you are connected from UK to DAS US then DAS makes the best routing to the US stock exchanges for you so no worries. You make the orders at DAS platform and the rest is their business.

@peterBThis is not how I understood the process works, is this for definite or are you making an assumption?  I have to communicate with DAS across the Atlantic to see the charts and other information that DAS is providing.  But to actually place the order, my understanding is that DAS has to tell the broker and the broker places the order with the exchange.  At the very least DAS needs to handshake with the broker to ensure I have the necessary funding in my account and approval to place the order.  Thus if the broker is back in UK, there is a 3 x Atlantic crossing communication path involved in placing an order.  Does that have any significance to the time to actually place an order or is it all so fast it really doesn't matter?

In one of the early BBT classes Andrew advise that a network delay of 200ms is the maximum acceptable, this is why I feel this is important.  In the DAS Simulator I have a delay of around 110 ms, but it isn't actually placing the order on the NASDAQ exchange.  The DAS simulator isn't talking with any broker and thus only one atlantic crossing is occuring.  Unless, the simulator is linked to a BBT paper account with some broker - most likely IB US.  But again, that would only be one Atlantic crossing.

Edited by NickU
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.