IamKarthi

Vikramaditya Trading Journal - Live 08Apr2019

On 9/19/2019 at 9:12 PM, Rob C said:

Hey Vikram, glad to see you back.

Hi Rob, Thank you, Glad to be back again. Hope my time-off do wonders for me now. 🙂

• Like 2

23Sep19

Greenday. +1.5r. I have been trying to be very patient now and trade only setups. I took only 2 trades today, both didn't give me huge moves, I got out for small profit.

Watchlist: $X, $ROKU, $TEVA and $OSTK. 

Trade 1: $X. $X had gapped down at the open and selling before the open. I was expecting to catch the Rising devil, but the setup didn't occur, $X was very strong today. I waited. At 11AM, the price hit 50MA on 30min (also 200 on 5min), created  a hammer. As I was already Short biased, took short. Took one partial, but the stock was strong so got out before my SL. 0.5r

2019-09-23_$X_50MA_bounce_30min.png

Trade 2: $BHGE. Another reversal setup. 5min cfreated a hammer at a daily level $24.3. Took it short once again, the price didn't drop as I expected, so got out for +1r profit. 

2019-09-23_$BHGE_Shooting_star_5min_at_Daily_level.png

Good: I felt the market was difficult to trade today, took my first trade after 1.5hrs. Although both my trades didn't go my way, I read the price action and closed my position before SL, making small profit. 

Improvement: Happy with my trading (or lack of) today. I missed the ORB on $AMD, this is one of my setups. 

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 3

Hi Vikram, today would’ve been a good day for me to sit on the sideline, ended up at -1.5R and over traded a little.  Got burned on $bhge and not sure why I traded it as not sure it was in play. You did good at +1.5R! These choppy and low vol days are a real grind with little reward. 

• Like 1

hi Greg! I thought you din''t trade today, was looking for you in the chat. 

Totally agree with you, today is the kind of day when people hit maxloss or even blow up their account. It''s nice to realize that and take a backseat. Although I feel I missed some good setups because of not looking at the right stocks, check $BABA (check 5min ORBD), $FB (15min ORBD) and $NFLX (5min - 200MA reversal). These are setups I trade. 

I stay out of the chat room for durations of time during the day so I can focus on my sole setup, wedges.  They’re working very good so far and I don’t focus on R:R; I focus only on daily goal. I’m happy with 1R (and less) as that gets me closer to my daily goal and in this mkt I’m really tired of seeing a green trade quickly turn to red!  Let’s just say that in this choppy market we are definitely building the muscle needed to succeed when the mkt is a little easier!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greg D said:

Let’s just say that in this choppy market we are definitely building the muscle needed to succeed when the mkt is a little easier!

Love it

24.Sep.19

Red day. -2r. 

Watchlist: $ROKU, $PDD, $SNAP, $ENPH and $BB. I really liked $BB for the rising devil setup, but it didn't happen today.

Trade1: $SNAP had gapped up and was bullish. Took ORB at the open after a strong bull candle. I am using Kyle's hotkey now and made a mistake, went short instead of long. Got out imm. Went long on the pullback again. Price spiked 20c (which is a lot in $SNAP). I actually had a Range order for 2R, but the price din't reach my target and dumped. I noted the 1min shooting star, but held on to get stopped out. 

Just saw the recap from Andrew, he took long at the exact same position as me, but partialed at HOD, unlike me. 

2019-09-24_$SNAP_ORB_mistake.png

Trade 2: $PDD had gapped down. It opened strong, but dumped after hitting 20MA on daily. I took VWAP pullbackshort,  but the stock moved very slow with low volume and not much action on L2. I got out as per my rule, that if the price doesn't move in my direction quickly at the open I get out. 

2019-09-24_$PDD_VWAP_pullback_short.png

Good: I have started using @KyleK29 hotkeys and really like them. A big shoutout to him. I managed my trades well today. 

Improvement: I had my 2R range order on $SNAP, but the price din't get there. I thought about partialing once at HOD, din't do it. Stayed in the trade even after seeing the shooting star on 1min.

Edited by IamKarthi
missed that I had a 2R range order in $SNAP.
  • Like 3

25.Sep.19

Red day. -2r. 

Watchlist: $ROKU, $NKE, $BABA, $MO and $BA.

Trade 1&2: $BA. $BA had positive news in the morning, and stock moved up just before the open. Daily had gapped up breaking consolidation. At the open it formed 3c setup on 2min. I took it long, but got stopped out during the dump. Price bounced off 383.16 daily level. I took long again and AON exit at 2R. (first entry was in SIM by mistake). Good Trade.

2019-09-25_$BA_ORB_001.png

Trade 3 &4 : $NKE. $NKE was top of my watchlist today, it traded beautifully at the premarket with volume. I was very long biased, chart was harmonious with ATH, my favorite setup. But at the open got chopped up badly. It remained choppy until noon, after which some news came in. 

2019-09-25_$NKE__ORB_chop.png

Trade 5: $NKE. Took reversal trade on my A setup, which worked out beautifully. It was V-reversal to VWAP at 200MA on 5min . I didn't think the move would be stronger, I got out at 2r, price moved to 3r. Best trade of the day. 

2019-09-25_$NKE_V-Reversal_at_200ma_5min.png

Trade 6: $SNAP. Took VWAP pullback short setup , as the price dumped at the pen, pulled back to VWAP created a shooting star, as it couldn't close above VWAP. I took it short, but got stopped out. Today it failed. Even the pullback candle (white) to VWAP had low volume, but still din't work out. 

2019-09-25_$SNAP_VWAP_pullback_Short.png

Trade 7: $CGC. Another reversal trade, but failed. I had 15min shooting star and on 30min 50MA was swooping down, took short below 50MA, tight stop. Got stopped out. This is one of the setups I trade 50/200MA bounce with reversal candle.

2019-09-25_$CGC_reversal_Shootingstar_and_50MA_resistence.png

Good: Traded only setups, except for $NKE where I tried to trade the choppy price action. Some of my highly accurate setups are failing, today in $NKE, yesterday in $SNAP. Hope it changes in October. 

Improvement: Bit of overtrading, but only setups. Need to drop everything but A+ setups.

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Mike B said:

$SNAP and me are not friends it never trades well for me.

I like $SNAP. I like the price range and when in action, it moves well. But recently it's failing me. So far, I am even with $SNAP (6 winners and 6 losers). I gotta make up with it 🙂 

Edited by IamKarthi

Another tough trading day with lots of chop.  That Nike V-reversal was a great trade!  I’m still sticking with one strategy, wedges, and it worked good, this afternoon especially.  

• Like 1

26.Sep.19

Green day. +2r. Traded $CCL at the open. Only one trade, switched to SIM after that. 

Watchlist: $SQ, $RAD, $BIDU, $CCL

Trade1: $CCL. Gapped down due to poor guidance on earnings. Also was selling into the open. Looking for Rising Devil setup.  Shorted on the 2nd candle after the daily level was broken. Partialed at the low of the candles. After the Doji appeared on 2min and the next candle opened higher, I got out completely. I was ready to play VWAP pullback short, if the setup occured. It did, but the price dumped too fast, and I didn't want to chase it. Would have been another nice 3r. 

2019-09-26_$CCL_ORB.png

Good: One good trade. Didn't chase the entry on VWAP pullback short. 

Improvement: I didn't use Kyle's hotkey and went with a very small share size. Would have been nicer to have gone with full size. But I am happy overall. 

Edited by IamKarthi
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Glenn Budde said:

Thought I seen a question from you in Williams Trade review but it went by and now I can not get it back....

Sorry..

No worries. I just mentioned, I like your trading overall and you are very good considering only 2months in SIM.

Regarding your $CCL trade, I know you wanted to Short it on the pullback , but we never know how far the price will pullback. So what I do is scale into my position with smaller sizes till VWAP, as VWAP is a good tech level for pullback Entry. My stop would be above VWAP. If price gets there, for me it is not pullback anymore but reversal. This way, we don't have to guess how far the pullback will be and get stopped out. 

• Like 1