Sign in to follow this  
Robbie Williams

Problem with creating Hotkeys

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me out at this is driving me nuts.

I want to create a hotkey so that I can place a STOP 10 Cents below my entry price on a long order.

So far I click Andrews BUY @ ASK +0.5 cent Button which will buy the shares no worries (Route=SMRTL;Price=Ask+.05;TIF=DAY+;Buy=Send;)

My code for the 10 cent stop loss is as follows: ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=Ask-.11;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY;SELL

When I click that it says "Cancelled sell stop" and STOP replaces LIMIT as the type of order in the Montage.

If I don't get stopped out and then click Andrews SELL ALL button (Share=Pos;Price=Bid-.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;) , it doesn't do anything as the type in the Montage is still STOP.

My questions are:

1) Does my code for the 10 cent stop loss look correct and

2) What can I put in the code for the SELL ALL button so that it sells - currently it doesn't do anything. I've tried adding "Type=market" but it doesn't seem to help.

Any help would be appreciated. I would prefer to use an actual stop if it is at all possible rather than a mental one as I find with with slippage and my reaction speed that I'm getting out of losing trades too late.

Cheers everyone.

Robbie

Hey Robbie, give this a try:

ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost-0.10;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;

Hi Robert - sorry for the late reply - and thank you for your reply.

Yes I think that is going to work - if i'm pressing hotkeys all the time, you need to define what type of order it is, a stop, market or limit order otherwise the montage will just get confused or rather default to the last one you used.

Cheers