Maher Jamal

Questrade Marketable Limit Orders

Does anyone trade with questrade and if so, do you know if its possible to have the marketable limit orders that Andrew and many others do? I am with questrade but cant seem to find the order type for that.

thanks for the feedback! what other issue did you not like with edge that is not in line with the way the community trades? I know the hotkeys arent as good....is there anything else?  I am starting out with day trading and feel that paying 150 for DAS pro per month is a big cashflow commitment for a newbie...I tried TWS but hated it.

Platform wise:

-Not direct access (data feed and executions are slightly delayed)

-Lack of advanced hotkeys

-Slower response time

-Charting aesthetics and responsiveness 

-VWAP was just added a few yrs back and was reported to be buggy. Most likely fixed now

Broker wise:

-limited short inventory

-high commissions

You get what you pay for. In this case: the platform is free lol.

Try using the DAS 14-day free trial and compare for yourself.

Thanks.  I'll check out the demo.  In your opinion  I guess it is worth paying the extra monthly cash even for a beginner? Also, is there a resource somewhere here where I can download the daspro hotkeys that most of the people in the community use here to test out in the demo?

Consider the monthly subscription cost a part of your tuition. IB offers much cheaper commissions than Questrade. This savings could pay for the $150/month DAS itself.

DAS layouts and hotkeys are available in the Members Home > Education Center.

Direct link